Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow. I'm really impressed! Freenas?
22-01-2013, 11:52 (This post was last modified: 22-01-2013 12:01 by wappinghigh.)
Wow. I'm really impressed! Freenas?
Thanks so much for developing this Simon.

Given this is Linux based, could this be installed on Freenas?

Also could it be installed on a cubox?

Finally I read you might be considering providing search based on 16 vs 24 bit.. and 41 vs 96 vs 192 sample rate files etc..

Are you still considering this?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2013, 12:54
RE: Wow. I'm really impressed! Freenas?
(22-01-2013 11:52)wappinghigh Wrote:  Thanks so much for developing this Simon.

Given this is Linux based, could this be installed on Freenas?

Also could it be installed on a cubox?

Finally I read you might be considering providing search based on 16 vs 24 bit.. and 41 vs 96 vs 192 sample rate files etc..

Are you still considering this?

Thanks

I'm not familiar with Freenas or cubox. If they use Linux runing on ARM, x86 or x64, the current MinimServer downloads should work.

There's some support for indexing on audio data in the current release. See the description of #AudioData in this section. I'm planning to make some improvements to this in the next release.
18-07-2013, 19:56
Sorry for the real late "re-opening" of this thread.

Freenas and Nas4Free (seems to be the successor) are based on FreeBSD, so slightly different from Linux (but still very *iX). From what I have seen, there are basically two Non-Java files, which could cause problems on letting this run on these systems (libohNet.so and libohNetJni.so). Are those files available for a BSD version as well?
18-07-2013, 21:48
(18-07-2013 19:56)triplem Wrote:  Sorry for the real late "re-opening" of this thread.

Freenas and Nas4Free (seems to be the successor) are based on FreeBSD, so slightly different from Linux (but still very *iX). From what I have seen, there are basically two Non-Java files, which could cause problems on letting this run on these systems (libohNet.so and libohNetJni.so). Are those files available for a BSD version as well?

If these two .so files aren't compatible with FreeBSD, you won't be able to run MinimServer on FreeBSD. Have you tried this and discovered that these .so files don't work on FreeBSD?
24-07-2013, 21:23
There is an error coming up right after the start of the minimserver:

minimserver-0.72/lib/libohNet.so: Shared object "libm.so.6" not found, required by "libohNet.so".

Probably I could install this object, but I dunno where to look for it.
24-07-2013, 21:59
(24-07-2013 21:23)triplem Wrote:  There is an error coming up right after the start of the minimserver:

minimserver-0.72/lib/libohNet.so: Shared object "libm.so.6" not found, required by "libohNet.so".

Probably I could install this object, but I dunno where to look for it.

See this page for instructions.
25-07-2013, 19:11
Saw these already, and put this now in place. Unfortunately there is no binary, which I could flag as "Linux", since I am currently using the java version installed on freebsd itself. This means, that it is still looking for the same so-file.

I will try to use a java version of linux, and hope that it helps. Anyway, most probably I am going to run the whole system with ArchLinux ;-)
09-12-2014, 16:14
Hi all!

Sorry for bringing up this thread another time, but I wanted to ask if anybody has achieved to make minimserver run on a BSD-box. My thoughts were that with platform-independent Java you should be able to run it (as I also run some other apps, like BubbleUPnP flawless on the box). I would like to use it within FreeNAS, but have the same problem as the poster above:

>java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/minimserver/data/native/libohNet.so: Shared object "libm.so.6" not found, required by "libohNet.so"

I am just downloading the debian-jail for my FreeNAS-box and will try it again within this jail.

regards,
airflow
09-12-2014, 17:18 (This post was last modified: 09-12-2014 17:39 by airflow.)
OK, I now tried it within a debian-jail. AFAIK, the debian-jail is a 32bit environment. I therefore used the 32bit variant of MinimServer.

In this case I get the following error-message:

Code:
Enter command (? for help), or null to exit:
>org.openhome.net.core.LibraryException
        at org.openhome.net.core.Library.initialise(Library.java:42)
        at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.createLibrary(OhNetService.java:582)
        at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.createDeviceStack(OhNetService.java:474)
        at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.createDeviceFactory(OhNetService.java:377)
        at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.access$1800(OhNetService.java:47)
        at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService$Proxy.createDeviceFactory(OhNetService.java:930)
        at org.jminim.lib.MonitorService$Monitor.createDevice(MonitorService.java:193)
        at org.jminim.lib.MonitorService$Monitor.listenerAdded(MonitorService.java:262)
        at org.jminim.core.RuntimeImpl.addEventListener(RuntimeImpl.java:1133)
        at org.jminim.lib.RuntimeService$Proxy.addEventListener(RuntimeService.java:196)
        at com.minimserver.Server.doStart(Server.java:591)
        at com.minimserver.Server.start(Server.java:469)
        at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.startComponent(ContextImpl.java:160)
        at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.start(ContextImpl.java:85)
        at org.jminim.core.RootContextImpl.startComponent(RootContextImpl.java:45)
        at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.start(ContextImpl.java:85)
        at org.jminim.core.RuntimeImpl.run(RuntimeImpl.java:1238)
        at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.run(LauncherImpl.java:827)
        at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.launch(LauncherImpl.java:91)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.jav​a:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:622)
        at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.doLaunch(Launcher.java:502)
        at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:140)
        at com.minimserver.launch.LaunchServer.main(LaunchServer.java:30)
MinimServer error: now stopped, use 'relaunch' or 'exit'

I don't know how to troubleshoot this further. If any of you has a clue, I'm glad to try out stuff. :-)

Thanks & Best regards,
airflow
09-12-2014, 18:17 (This post was last modified: 09-12-2014 18:20 by simoncn.)
(09-12-2014 17:18)airflow Wrote:  OK, I now tried it within a debian-jail. AFAIK, the debian-jail is a 32bit environment. I therefore used the 32bit variant of MinimServer.

In this case I get the following error-message:

Code:
Enter command (? for help), or null to exit:
>org.openhome.net.core.LibraryException
        at org.openhome.net.core.Library.initialise(Library.java:42)
MinimServer error: now stopped, use 'relaunch' or 'exit'

I don't know how to troubleshoot this further. If any of you has a clue, I'm glad to try out stuff. :-)

Thanks & Best regards,
airflow

This exception means the ohNet native library failed to initialise. You might be able to get more information by entering the following commands after the failure:

prop ohnet.debug=All-Timer
prop .logLevel=debug
relaunch

This should give you the same failure. Press Enter to exit MinimServer, then zip and attach the minimserver/data/minimserver.log file to a post here.

Edit: It would also be worth looking at the file minimserver/data/minimserver.out to see if it contains any error messages.