Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow. I'm really impressed! Freenas?
22-01-2016, 10:27 (This post was last modified: 22-01-2016 10:27 by simoncn.)
RE: Wow. I'm really impressed! Freenas?
(22-01-2016 09:31)n3mmr Wrote:  Wouldn't General be more appropriate? After all, this is about running minimserver.

The Digital Audio section was created for tutorials as well as for general discussion about the broader digital ecosystem. The first post to this forum section was a tutorial about how to install Java on a Synology NAS for the purpose of running MinimServer and the other tutorial in this section gives instructions for modifying the MinimServer installation to run on an older model of Synology NAS (very similar to the FreeNAS situation).

I think it makes sense to keep all tutorials together in the same forum section, identified by [ Tutorial ] at the start of the thread name. I have considered creating a new forum section specifically for tutorials but there have been so few tutorials created until now that it hasn't yet seemed worth doing this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2016, 14:07
Lightbulb RE: Wow. I'm really impressed! Freenas?
(22-01-2016 10:27)simoncn Wrote:  The Digital Audio section was created for tutorials as well as for general discussion about the broader digital ecosystem. The first post to this forum section was a tutorial about how to install Java on a Synology NAS for the purpose of running MinimServer and the other tutorial in this section gives instructions for modifying the MinimServer installation to run on an older model of Synology NAS (very similar to the FreeNAS situation).

I think it makes sense to keep all tutorials together in the same forum section, identified by [ Tutorial ] at the start of the thread name. I have considered creating a new forum section specifically for tutorials but there have been so few tutorials created until now that it hasn't yet seemed worth doing this.

I will create such a tutorial as you described for the topic of MinimServer on FreeBSD/FreeNAS.
22-01-2016, 14:31
(22-01-2016 14:07)airflow Wrote:  I will create such a tutorial as you described for the topic of MinimServer on FreeBSD/FreeNAS.

Thanks! This will be easier for users than browsing through a lengthy thread to find the necessary information.
23-01-2016, 18:25 (This post was last modified: 23-01-2016 18:29 by airflow.)
(22-01-2016 14:31)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks! This will be easier for users than browsing through a lengthy thread to find the necessary information.

No problem, I'm glad I can contribute something. The tutorial can be found here. I modified the instructions to clarify things and also make it more generally applicable. For example, I removed all lines with specific filenames, as it might confuse users if filenames do not match exactly. Instead I explained the basic principles in a more general way.