Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow. I'm really impressed! Freenas?
22-02-2015, 21:36
RE: Wow. I'm really impressed! Freenas?
(19-02-2015 10:41)simoncn Wrote:  To pull in the libjvm library for linking, you need to set the libjvm_dir environment variable to the directory path where the libjvm library can be found.

THe ohNet Makefile is using this setting for the JDK includes:

includes_jni = -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include/linux

In your version of OpenJDK, is there an include/linux directory, or has "linux" been changed to something else?

In my version, the file is located at include/freebsd.

Regarding the other file, libjvm.so, I previously had to set two different symbolic links to two different destinations. According to your hint, I deleted those and tried setting libjvm_dir instead - worked! I'll do that from now on instead, thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2015, 22:15
(22-02-2015 21:36)airflow Wrote:  In my version, the file is located at include/freebsd.

You might like to ask the other Simon for a change to the Makefile that would enable you to override the default location by setting an environment variable.
01-04-2015, 19:51
Hi
Did anyone succeed in installing MinimServer on FreeNas (or Nas4Free or OMV for that matter)?

Thanks

Alan
02-04-2015, 09:54
(01-04-2015 19:51)the_bat Wrote:  Did anyone succeed in installing MinimServer on FreeNas (or Nas4Free or OMV for that matter)?

Yes, I installed MinimServer successfully on FreeNAS. It took me quite a while and lots of help from MinimServer and ohNet devs. It's all documented in the forums, so if you want to give it a go, here is a good place to start. Initially I planned to create a FreeNAS-plugin for MinimServer, so that others can profit too. But it turned out to be again more complicated than I thought, and the plugin-system of FreeNAS is going to be changed soon, so I didn't do it.

Most of the work ran into compilation of ohNet-libs. The MinimServer-installation incorporates these via a zip-file. If you want I could provide you with this file, which would save you a lot of work. Just let me know.
04-04-2015, 11:09
(02-04-2015 09:54)airflow Wrote:  If you want I could provide you with this file, which would save you a lot of work. Just let me know.

Many thanks for the offer - I suspect this would be a case where my technical ambition outran my capabilities. I'll have another look once the FreeNAS plugin system has been updated.

Thanks again

Alan
22-04-2015, 16:16
(02-04-2015 09:54)airflow Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 19:51)the_bat Wrote:  Did anyone succeed in installing MinimServer on FreeNas (or Nas4Free or OMV for that matter)?

Yes, I installed MinimServer successfully on FreeNAS. It took me quite a while and lots of help from MinimServer and ohNet devs. It's all documented in the forums, so if you want to give it a go, here is a good place to start. Initially I planned to create a FreeNAS-plugin for MinimServer, so that others can profit too. But it turned out to be again more complicated than I thought, and the plugin-system of FreeNAS is going to be changed soon, so I didn't do it.

Most of the work ran into compilation of ohNet-libs. The MinimServer-installation incorporates these via a zip-file. If you want I could provide you with this file, which would save you a lot of work. Just let me know.

I'd really like that zip-file, and some sort of reasonably short description of how to install minimserver on freenas with these libs.

To wit, I'm not sure what you mean by "It's all documented in the forums...", which is what I'd like clarified a little.
21-05-2015, 14:16 (This post was last modified: 23-01-2016 18:24 by airflow.)
Lightbulb RE: Wow. I'm really impressed! Freenas?
(22-04-2015 16:16)n3mmr Wrote:  I'd really like that zip-file, and some sort of reasonably short description of how to install minimserver on freenas with these libs.

To wit, I'm not sure what you mean by "It's all documented in the forums...", which is what I'd like clarified a little.

With "It's all documented in the forums", I mean the exact thread you're reading right now. It contains the different steps needed to bring MinimServer to life on BSD (except compilation of ohnet-libs, which I will provide for you as a download).

The instructions presented here have been removed and instead moved to a tutorial which can be found here.

Good luck and have fun with MinimServer!
28-05-2015, 10:41
Thank you, mr Airflow, sir!
31-05-2015, 20:26 (This post was last modified: 31-05-2015 20:28 by n3mmr.)
Well, didn't work perfectly..

After installing openjdk8, ffmpeg and wget, i got a lot of complaints about various missing libraries when running startc.

setting LD_LIBRARY to /usr/local/lib in the environment got the first startc run to behave as I suppose it should
Code:
root@Javabased:/usr/local/share # minimserver/bin/startc
MinimServer 0.8.3 update 50, Copyright (c) 2012-2014 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Package minimserver-0.8-update-65 has missing module ohnet(linux-x64)-1.1.1452.zip
MinimServer failure: now stopped, use 'relaunch' or 'exit'
Enter command (? for help), or null to exit:
>exit

so I put the same old zip file in libext (Why by another name???) and tried again. This time I got

Code:
root@Javabased:/usr/local/share # minimserver/bin/startc                                                  MinimServer 0.8.3 update 50, Copyright (c) 2012-2014 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
autoUpdate: installed package 'minimserver-0.8-update-65'
Enter command (? for help), or null to exit:
autoUpdate: relaunching runtime
>MinimServer 0.8.3 update 65, Copyright (c) 2012-2015 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/share/minimserver/data/tmp/native/libohNet.so: /lib/libc.so.7: version GLIBC_2.4 required by /usr/local/share/minimserver/data/tmp/native/libohNet.so not found

Huh???

Why 1356 in the first instance, and 1452 in the second??

Where do I find this /lib/libc.so.7: version GLIBC_2.4 version of libc???
31-05-2015, 20:55
(31-05-2015 20:26)n3mmr Wrote:  Why 1356 in the first instance, and 1452 in the second??

The download package for MinimServer 0.8.3 uses 1356. The current update (update 65) uses 1452.