Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
convolution with acourate fir filter
23-01-2019, 17:28
RE: convolution with acourate fir filter
(23-01-2019 16:14)simoncn Wrote:  You can use the convOut setting to fade in and out. See the description of the afade filter in this section. For example, to fade in for the first 50 ms and fade out for the last 50 ms, you could use this setting:

-lavfi "apad=pad_len=32768,afir,atrim=start_sample=32768,afade=0.05"

Great. That works! I have increased to 80ms, which seems to fit better in my case.

Cheers, SMWAP
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2019, 20:35
Hi Simon,

the current solution with the filter configuration/ fade-out and fade-in works. However, for many classical recordings, file starts are set in the flow of the music and this leads to audible clicks and of course a musical interruption.

I have just learned, that ConvoFS is using a different procedure: It starts convolving the next file in the playlist, when the current one enters the last 10 seconds. (It is actually not a streamer, so it uses a heuristic, which takes the next file in alphabetic order in the folder containing the current file).

With MinimServer, would such a feature be worthwhile considering?

Cheers, Ralf
25-01-2019, 21:16
Thanks for the suggestion. This would be very difficult to implement, given the limitations of the UPnP protocol and the design of MinimStreamer.
25-01-2019, 21:24
(25-01-2019 21:16)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for the suggestion. This would be very difficult to implement, given the limitations of the UPnP protocol and the design of MinimStreamer.

...but impossible?!?!
25-01-2019, 23:32
It is impossible for me to say whether this is possible or impossible without spending an impossible amount of time and effort on it.