Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting intermittent dropouts
29-01-2018, 04:49
Getting intermittent dropouts
Hi

I am suddenly getting intermittent dropouts of about 2 seconds when there is no sound. This happens 2 to 3 times and then it plays ok for a while and then this happens again. I notice , in the "now playing" window in bubbleupnp the time marker advances by 4 seconds everytime this happens.
I am using the qnap 251 NAS with bubble as the control point on a Samsung tablet.
Thanks

best
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2018, 07:46
RE: Getting intermittent dropouts
This is probably a network problem that is affecting communication between the QNAP and other devices on your network.

The other possibility is that the QNAP is hitting 100% CPU usage. You can check this by looking at the Resource Monitor in QTS while the problem is happening.
04-02-2018, 06:49
RE: Getting intermittent dropouts
(29-01-2018 07:46)simoncn Wrote:  This is probably a network problem that is affecting communication between the QNAP and other devices on your network.

The other possibility is that the QNAP is hitting 100% CPU usage. You can check this by looking at the Resource Monitor in QTS while the problem is happening.

Hi Simon

Finally found the problem. In bubble the ffmpeg decoding for this renderer had got mistakenly activated. So when the tablet's resources were not adequate, there were dropouts. Now that I have deactivated it, it works perfectly.

Thanks

bezt