Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimWatch not running after Java update.
17-01-2018, 17:26
MinimWatch not running after Java update.
Hello!
My W10 (64 bit) PC updated Java to version 8 update 161.
Sadly ennough MinimWach stays grey after this update even if I disable the firewall.
I reinstalled Java (32 or 64 bit) and also MinimWatch with no luck.
MinimServer is running on my QNAP NAS.
Any idea how to get MinimWatch working again?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2018, 17:41 (This post was last modified: 17-01-2018 17:42 by DavidHB.)
RE: MinimWatch not running after Java update.
The commonest reason for MinimServer or MinimWatch not running under Windows is that the file association between Java and the .jar extension has been lost or changed. To fix this, you need to use the downloadable program jarfix.exe (just Google on 'jarfix' to find it).

You seem to have tried all the other measures I would suggest.

David
17-01-2018, 18:46
If you are seeing a grey minim icon in the system tray, the .jar assciation is fine and you probably have an issue with the Windows firewall. This is common after a Java update.

To check this, try completely disabling the firewall (for all networks, public and private) and also disable your antivirus program if you have one running. You can also inspect the inbound rules in the firewall Advanced settings. If you see any inbound rules that are blocking connections to Java, you need to change these to remove the blockage.
18-01-2018, 14:18
(17-01-2018 18:46)simoncn Wrote:  If you are seeing a grey minim icon in the system tray, the .jar assciation is fine and you probably have an issue with the Windows firewall. This is common after a Java update.

To check this, try completely disabling the firewall (for all networks, public and private) and also disable your antivirus program if you have one running. You can also inspect the inbound rules in the firewall Advanced settings. If you see any inbound rules that are blocking connections to Java, you need to change these to remove the blockage.

Restarting MinimServer directly from the app on the QNAP NAS solved my problem.
I guess MinimWatch didn't see MinimServer for some odd reason after the Java update.
Thanks for your help.
21-02-2018, 21:45
Hi,
the restart on QNAP solved the problem for maybe 1 hour!
After that gray!
many thanks
21-02-2018, 22:26
(21-02-2018 21:45)bz2ruebe Wrote:  Hi,
the restart on QNAP solved the problem for maybe 1 hour!
After that gray!
many thanks

This is a different problem and is probably caused by a multicast discovery problem on your network. See this section for some suggestions,