Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Instances on QNAP
24-06-2019, 16:50
RE: Multiple Instances on QNAP
If you add the ffmpeg executable to the container's /opt/minimserver/opt/bin folder, MinimStreamer will find it automatically.

The simplest way to copy files to the container is to create a shared folder mapping for this purpose. You would need to map a "real" folder on the host to a "virtual" folder in the container, then use File Station to upload the ffmpeg file to the "real" folder, then use a Linux terminal window in the container to copy the ffmpeg file from the "virtual" folder to the correct location. I am away from home without access to my QNAP so I can't post detailed step-by-step instructions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2019, 19:50
Hi,
I have used Container Station to Export my minimserver docker container to a .tar file.
I then used Container Station Import to create a new minimserver docker container with the additional shared folder mounted.
I now have my music library folder mounted and another folder (dockershare) mounted that contains ffmpeg.
I have been searching for the way to copy the ffmpeg file to /opt/minimserver/opt/bin in the minimserver docker container without success.
I can see the minimserver console and another option for Terminal.
I can see the commands available in the Console and do not see anything that looks like it will copy files.

When I click Terminal I see a command line dialog.
Do I use terminal to enter the copy command?
I have not figured out how to get a list of Terminal commands.
If I should use terminal can you point me toward the commands that are available?

Or should I use something else to access the minimserver docker container to copy files?

Chip
26-06-2019, 21:53
To copy the ffmpeg file using the Terminal window, you need to use the Linux cp command. The syntax for this is

cp source-dir/ffmpeg /opt/minimserver/opt/bin

where source-dir is the container directory that contains the ffmpeg file.
16-12-2020, 15:18
Hi Simon,
Will my v0.8 MinimServer and MinimStreamer running in a QNAP Docker Container ever have an option to update to v2.0 or do I have to rebuild the Docker container?

If I have to rebuild the Docker Container I assume I would have to first copy my configuration and reenter it in the new container.

I already have V2 installed on a Wintel machine and my QNAP NAS. After some months I feel comfortable enough to make the last upgrade and just want to make sure I fully understand the best way to proceed.

Thanks,
Chip
16-12-2020, 22:57
You will need to rebuild the container and manually reapply your configuration settings. If you ever need to do this again, you will be able to export your configuration settings as a MinimServer 2 profile and import this profile into the new instance.
17-12-2020, 22:25
(16-12-2020 22:57)simoncn Wrote:  You will need to rebuild the container and manually reapply your configuration settings. If you ever need to do this again, you will be able to export your configuration settings as a MinimServer 2 profile and import this profile into the new instance.

I thought this would be my future. Thanks for the confirmation.
10-01-2021, 10:55
Hi Simon,
Today is the day I work on my QNAP TVS-463 Container replacement from 0.8 to 2.0 but I have run into a couple of problems with the instructions at the beginning of this post.

Confirmation
3) Download the file MinimServer-0.8.5.2-linux-intel.tar.gz from the Downloads page and copy it to the 'build' folder
URL: http://minimserver.com/downloads/index.html
I should actually download:
Platform: Linux
Version: 2.0.16
Download Links: Intel
Which gives me: MinimServer-2.0.16-linux-intel.tar.gz
Is this the correct file?

Questions
4) Download the file Dockerfile.bin from this link
URL: https://minimserver.com/test/Dockerfile.bin
This link results in a 404 Not Found The resource requested could not be found on this server!
Where can I find this file?

6) Download the file docker.sh from this link and copy it to the 'run' folder
URL: https://minimserver.com/test/docker.sh
This link results in a 404 Not Found The resource requested could not be found on this server!
Where can I find this file?

Thanks for your help,
Chip
10-01-2021, 14:12
The instructions you are using do not apply when installing MinimServer 2. Please ignore these and instead use the instructions in this section.
10-01-2021, 14:37
(10-01-2021 14:12)simoncn Wrote:  The instructions you are using do not apply when installing MinimServer 2. Please ignore these and instead use the instructions in this section.

Another case of RTFM
Got it and ready to proceed