Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IgnoreThe
11-01-2013, 17:43 (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 22:39 by The Pied Piper.)
IgnoreThe
I have been trying out the IgnoreThe tagOptions with different controllers.

It does not have any effect using the Naim n-Stream controller (on iPhone and iPad), which is made available for all Naim Audio's streaming products.

But IgnoreThe does work with Kinsky (iPhone, Windows and Mac OS X) and Twonky (iPhone) controllers.

Any idea what may be causing this not to work with n-Stream?

Pied Piper

P.S. Seemed strange using Minimserver with Twonky controller but it works!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2013, 22:53
RE: IgnoreThe
(11-01-2013 17:43)The Pied Piper Wrote:  I have been trying out the IgnoreThe tagOptions with different controllers.

It does not have any effect using the Naim n-Stream controller (on iPhone and iPad), which is made available for all Naim Audio's streaming products.

But IgnoreThe does work with Kinsky (iPhone, Windows and Mac OS X) and Twonky (iPhone) controllers.

Pied Piper

Some control points impose their own sort order on the list of artists (etc.) returned by the server. It sounds like MinimServer is putting the entry for 'The Beatles' in the B section as you've requested, and n-Stream is relocating this entry back to its "correct" position in the T section. Sad
13-01-2013, 00:37
RE: IgnoreThe
(12-01-2013 22:53)simoncn Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 17:43)The Pied Piper Wrote:  I have been trying out the IgnoreThe tagOptions with different controllers.

Pied Piper

Some control points impose their own sort order on the list of artists (etc.) returned by the server. It sounds like MinimServer is putting the entry for 'The Beatles' in the B section as you've requested, and n-Stream is relocating this entry back to its "correct" position in the T section. Sad

I've just found this on the Naim forums:
http://forums.naimaudio.com/displayForum...9404362892
Looks as if sorting is an n-Stream feature and that 'n-Stream knows best'.