Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic package updates for Synology NAS?
04-01-2018, 15:48
Automatic package updates for Synology NAS?
Hello Simon,

as mentioned in the manual
http://minimserver.com/install-synology....inimServer

the new minimserver version is not yet available via the Synology package center. On my former NAS I had to install and update minimserver manually anyway. But with my new NAS minimserver can be installed from the package center. This is very comfortable.

Now I wonder:
* How long does it usually take until a new version occurs in the package center?
* Is there any drawback (e.g. with future package center updates) when upgrading minimserver manually?

Thank you
Gert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2018, 18:07
RE: Automatic package updates for Synology NAS?
It usually takes Synology many weeks and sometimes many months to make a new MinimServer version available in the Package Center. For this reason, I don't submit new versions to Synology immediately on release but I wait to make sure there are no issues reported by users. (If I submitted a version and it had issues, it might be many months before Synology would replace it with a fixed version.)

There is currently one known issue with 0.8.5.2 (not compatible with DSM 4.2) and I want to do more investigation into this before I submit 0.8.5.2 to Synology.
04-01-2018, 19:16 (This post was last modified: 04-01-2018 19:18 by tarnkappe.)
Hi Simon,

Ok, so I have upgraded the package from 0.8.4.2 to 0.8.5.2 manually on a DS418play. Maybe this helps to test the new release.

Now minimserver does not start anymore with the following error:
incorrect tag name 'orchestra' in option 'Artist.displayFormat' in property 'tagFormat'

The tags had the following values:

gert@flupp:~$ bin/minimwatch/bin/startc
MinimWatch 0.8.5.2, Copyright © 2012-2017 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Enter command (? for help):
Selected media server: MinimServer[troken]
MinimServer[troken]: incorrect tag name 'orchestra' in option 'Artist.displayFormat' in property 'tagFormat'
MinimServer[troken] error: now stopped, use 'restart' or 'close'
>props
.autoUpdate=true
contentDir=/volume1/music/
displayName=MinimServer[troken]
excludePattern=#snapshot
http.port=9790
indexTags=Artist, Date, Genre, All Artists, Composer
itemTags=#AudioDuration
.logFile=minimserver.log
.logLevel=info
mergeFolderAlbums=false
ohnet.debug=Default
ohnet.port=9791
showExtras=false
startupScan=true
stream.converter=ffmpeg
stream.transcode=aac : wav24, alac : wav24, flac : wav24, mp3 : wav24, * : wav24
tagCustom=AlbumArtist.displayRole={artist}, Composer.displayRole={artist}
tagFormat=Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}, title.displayFormat={$title^$#AudioDuration^ (^)}
tagOptions=Album.sortTags={Album, Artist}
.updateReminder=1

I took out the $orchestra value from tagFormat=Artist.displayFormat=, but $conductor is also unknown. So I did a
prop tagFormat=Artist.displayFormat={$artist}, title.displayFormat={$title^$#AudioDuration^ (^)}

Now minimserver is running again. I will test it later.

I do not know where the $orchestra$conductor values came from. Were they default values in the older server version? Or did I copy and paste the whole property somewhere from this forum because of enabling the AudioDuration feature? Hmm...

Greetings
Gert
04-01-2018, 20:28
The $orchestra$conductor in tagFormat were default values in the older version. In 0.8.5.2, these must be specified explicitly in both indexTags and tagFormat if the user wants them.

In 0.8.5.2, there is code to remove Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor} from tagFormat if Orchestra and Conductor are no longer in indexTags. This didn't work for you because you had modified tagFormat by adding formatting for AudioDuration.