Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescan not working
03-01-2018, 03:43
Rescan not working
I have the latest version of MinimServer installed on my Asustor NAS. I use Bubble UPnP on my Android tablet, and MusicCast for my Yamaha network receiver.

I access the NAS, and therefore MinimServer, via its ADM app on my Windows PC.

MinimServer is not rescanning the NAS music folder, even though MinimWatch correctly moves from grey to green. I can easily confirm this by comparing NAS contents with what Bubble and MusicCast believe them to be.

I have also initiated rescan from Bubble, but still get no correction of its information.

Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2018, 09:19 (This post was last modified: 03-01-2018 09:37 by simoncn.)
RE: Rescan not working
The MinimWatch icon should change from green to yellow when you select Rescan from the minim icon menu. When the rescan is complete, the icon should change from yellow to green. Is this happening?

You can view the progress of the rescan by selecting 'Show log' from the minim icon. In the log window, change the logging level to Verbose and leave the log window open while the rescan is happening. This will confirm whether or not your expected library folder locations are being scanned.
04-01-2018, 04:01
(03-01-2018 09:19)simoncn Wrote:  The MinimWatch icon should change from green to yellow when you select Rescan from the minim icon menu. When the rescan is complete, the icon should change from yellow to green. Is this happening?

You can view the progress of the rescan by selecting 'Show log' from the minim icon. In the log window, change the logging level to Verbose and leave the log window open while the rescan is happening. This will confirm whether or not your expected library folder locations are being scanned.
04-01-2018, 04:02
(03-01-2018 09:19)simoncn Wrote:  The MinimWatch icon should change from green to yellow when you select Rescan from the minim icon menu. When the rescan is complete, the icon should change from yellow to green. Is this happening?

All I get from MinimWatch 'Verbose' is:

'stopping MiimServer' - yellow, then

'starting MinimServer' - also yellow, then

'MinimServer is running' - green

That is all, although I give it some time because the disc activity light on my PC shows solid activity. Once this has settled down, I check my music folders on Bubble. This shows that MinimServer has failed to do the rescan!

Any further advice?
04-01-2018, 04:03
All I get from MinimWatch 'Verbose' is:

'stopping MiimServer' - yellow, then

'starting MinimServer' - also yellow, then

'MinimServer is running' - green

That is all, although I give it some time because the disc activity light on my PC shows solid activity. Once this has settled down, I check my music folders on Bubble. This shows that MinimServer has failed to do the rescan!

Any further advice?
04-01-2018, 08:21
This might mean that your contentDir folder is set incorrectly. Another possibility is that the folder(s) containing your audio files are marked as hidden. Please try setting the logging level to Debug and repeating the rescan.
05-01-2018, 00:05
Thank you Simon. All is now well. The problem was nothing to do with MinimServer - which along with Bubble, I have very much enjoyed using for over two years. My problem was related to my misunderstanding of how Tags hold track names in MusicBee (another excellent app). I won't go into detail, except to say that the issue was related purely track naming to an album of over 80 Christmas songs that I have assembled myself using YouTube and RealPlayer.
22-04-2018, 06:39
It appears MinimServer rescans the entire library. This can take a while. Would it be possible to rescan only changes since the previous scan?
22-04-2018, 08:37
(22-04-2018 06:39)billg Wrote:  It appears MinimServer rescans the entire library. This can take a while. Would it be possible to rescan only changes since the previous scan?

Make sure startupScan is set to true, not full.
22-04-2018, 09:36
(22-04-2018 06:39)billg Wrote:  It appears MinimServer rescans the entire library. This can take a while. Would it be possible to rescan only changes since the previous scan?

The issue with this is how to detect reliably and efficiently exactly what has changed. How long is a rescan taking for you (with startupScan set to true) and how many items are in your library?