Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of questions... (Server & Watch)
11-01-2013, 14:05
Couple of questions... (Server & Watch)
I have Minimserver running on a nas (vortexbox). I can see it in my control point software (Lumin), but after I have added extra tracks to the content location, these files are not added to the list. Not even on the next day... only a restart of minimserver helped, doing a scan at startup.

Is there an automated process for rescanning/updating the library ? Or, is can this be done by scheduling one ?

I also found the ignoreThe option. But, will this option only ignore 'The' ? Is it possible to configure which articles it will ignore ? I currently use "The El La Los Las Le Les De Het" in my Logitech Media Server.

I have MinimWatch (x86) installed on Windows 8, but I guess these 2 don't really like eachother. I managed to get it running once, I then directly configured the content location, but after that first time it won't start again.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Michel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2013, 15:06
RE: Couple of questions... (Server & Watch)
(11-01-2013 14:05)Miesepies Wrote:  I have Minimserver running on a nas (vortexbox). I can see it in my control point software (Lumin), but after I have added extra tracks to the content location, these files are not added to the list. Not even on the next day... only a restart of minimserver helped, doing a scan at startup.

Is there an automated process for rescanning/updating the library ? Or, is can this be done by scheduling one ?

MinimServer doesn't have a way of rescanning the library automatically. If you have MinimWatch working (see below), you can do this by selecting Restart after you've finished adding new music. Any music that's currently playing will continue to play while the restart happens.

Quote:I also found the ignoreThe option. But, will this option only ignore 'The' ? Is it possible to configure which articles it will ignore ? I currently use "The El La Los Las Le Les De Het" in my Logitech Media Server.

At the moment, this feature is limited to ignoring "The". It's possible that MinimServer will support ignoring additional configurable articles in a future release.

Quote:I have MinimWatch (x86) installed on Windows 8, but I guess these 2 don't really like eachother. I managed to get it running once, I then directly configured the content location, but after that first time it won't start again.

it's important to solve this problem, because many of the features of MinimServer are available only when configured by MinimWatch. What happens exactly when you try to start MinimWatch on your Windows 8 PC? For example, do you see a grey minim icon in the system tray?
11-01-2013, 16:04 (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 16:05 by Miesepies.)
Hi, thanks for the quick response!

(11-01-2013 15:06)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer doesn't have a way of rescanning the library automatically. If you have MinimWatch working (see below), you can do this by selecting Restart after you've finished adding new music. Any music that's currently playing will continue to play while the restart happens.

Maybe cron can help here ? Of perhaps a new feature in a future release ? E.g. an update scan at a configurable interval ?

Quote:At the moment, this feature is limited to ignoring "The". It's possible that MinimServer will support ignoring additional configurable articles in a future release.

Please Smile

Quote:it's important to solve this problem, because many of the features of MinimServer are available only when configured by MinimWatch. What happens exactly when you try to start MinimWatch on your Windows 8 PC? For example, do you see a grey minim icon in the system tray?

What happens ? Hmmm, nothing actually Rolleyes No icon, nothing...
11-01-2013, 16:34 (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 16:34 by Miesepies.)
I think I know what happens (not why Tongue). The shortcut directly tries to start the jar file, but fails with the following error:

Code:
Error: Could not find or load main class C:\Program Files (x86)\MinimWatch\lib\minimwatch.jar

Since I did have some problems with java, maybe the association is broken.

Manually starting MinimWatch with the following command seems te work:

Code:
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -jar minimwatch.jar
11-01-2013, 21:16
(11-01-2013 16:04)Miesepies Wrote:  Maybe cron can help here ? Of perhaps a new feature in a future release ? E.g. an update scan at a configurable interval ?

The design of MinimServer makes this quite difficult. Also, you wouldn't see your new music any sooner than with the current approach (if MinimWatch is working).

Automatic scanning and refreshing is on my list as a future enhancement to be investigated.
11-01-2013, 21:20
(11-01-2013 16:34)Miesepies Wrote:  I think I know what happens (not why Tongue). The shortcut directly tries to start the jar file, but fails with the following error:

Code:
Error: Could not find or load main class C:\Program Files (x86)\MinimWatch\lib\minimwatch.jar

Since I did have some problems with java, maybe the association is broken.

Manually starting MinimWatch with the following command seems te work:

Code:
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -jar minimwatch.jar

It seems that the .jar association is broken. You can change the MinimWatch shortcut icon to run this manual command , including the -jar option. It's not perfect, but it will do the job.
11-01-2013, 22:33
(11-01-2013 21:20)simoncn Wrote:  It seems that the .jar association is broken. You can change the MinimWatch shortcut icon to run this manual command , including the -jar option. It's not perfect, but it will do the job.

I already changed it Smile