Post Reply 
Library Sleeps
25-12-2017, 16:50
Post: #1
Library Sleeps
I have recently replaced a Pi2 running Jessie with a Pi3 running Raspbian Stretch to my home network

I have a second Pi2 with Jessie 2 (from IQAudio)

I use Kinsky on a Windows Laptop as Control Point

The Pi2 gets its music from a USB disc attached locally. The Pi3 (and the previous Pi2) connects to a windows network disc. They are both very big file collections

When I open up Kinsky, the Pi2 library is available after a short delay. The Pi3 can take up to an hour

Both Pis are available with ssh

It may be a symptom of the actual problem but if I do df -h on the Pi3 it can take over 20 minutes to complete the command and once it does, the library is then shortly available on Kinsky

I have selected "Wait for network at Boot" for both

Is the network asleep somehow?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2017, 13:13
Post: #2
RE: Library Sleeps
(25-12-2017 16:50)Alan Robinson Wrote:  I have recently replaced a Pi2 running Jessie with a Pi3 running Raspbian Stretch to my home network

I have a second Pi2 with Jessie 2 (from IQAudio)

I use Kinsky on a Windows Laptop as Control Point

The Pi2 gets its music from a USB disc attached locally. The Pi3 (and the previous Pi2) connects to a windows network disc. They are both very big file collections

When I open up Kinsky, the Pi2 library is available after a short delay. The Pi3 can take up to an hour

Both Pis are available with ssh

It may be a symptom of the actual problem but if I do df -h on the Pi3 it can take over 20 minutes to complete the command and once it does, the library is then shortly available on Kinsky

I have selected "Wait for network at Boot" for both

Is the network asleep somehow?

I have found out what it is!

I didn't know that the Pi3 has built in WiFi and I added my dongle.
This gave the Pi3 two IP addresses
This was enough to sow confusion throughout
Took out the dongle and all is good
Alan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)