Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer for QNAP
26-04-2012, 16:10
RE: MinimServer for QNAP
(25-04-2012 21:29)simoncn Wrote:  
(25-04-2012 20:53)oldmucker Wrote:  Hi Simon

I am having problems with minimserver on a QNAP 439 turbo pro. I have installed via the QKPG with java runtime etc, the server is enabled via the admin page and is displayed as green icon, minimwatch is installed on a desk top computer it seems to find the qnap as minimwatch will start then turn yellow, i have a large music library so i have left it running for circa 12 hours and the icon on the desktop still remains yellow and nothing for the server shows up in Kinsky on my ipad, am I doing anything wrong? The directory path in the minimwatch config section is /Share/Qmultimedia/Music none of the other suggested paths in previous posts were accepted. Help please.

It definitely shouldn't take 12 hours for MinimServer to scan your files, no matter how large your library is!

I haven't come across this before. To start with, I'd suggest powering the NAS off and on (with MinimServer enabled on the QPKG page). This will do a "cold start" of MinimServer. If you get the same problem again, you'll need to go a bit deeper into problem determination.

The first place to look for clues is the MinimServer log file. If you're comfortable using SSH or SCP to access the QNAP, the log file is named minimserver.log and it's in the directory /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer/data or /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer/data (this varies according to the model of QNAP).

If you don't see any useful information in the log, you can increase the amount of logged information by enabling the --debug or --trace option. (You'll get more log output from --trace than from --debug, which might be a good thing or a bad thing.) To run with full tracing, which can produce a very large log file, you should do the following:

1) Edit the minimserver.config file (in the same directory as minimserver.log) to add the line
Code:
.options = --trace

2) Stop and restart MinimServer. You can do this by disabling and enabling MinimServer from the QPKG plugin page, or by powering the NAS off and on (with MinimServer enabled on the QPKG page).

3) Look at the log file. If you're not sure how to interpret the information there, please attach it to a forum post and I'll take a look.

I'm sorry that this process is a bit complicated. The next release of MinimServer will have a much more convenient user interface for viewing the log information and changing the logging level.

Simon

Sorry not a computer techie so will try the cold start option if that doesn't work will wait for your later release, thanks for your prompt response.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2012, 17:38
RE: MinimServer for QNAP
(26-04-2012 16:10)oldmucker Wrote:  
(25-04-2012 21:29)simoncn Wrote:  
(25-04-2012 20:53)oldmucker Wrote:  Hi Simon

I am having problems with minimserver on a QNAP 439 turbo pro. I have installed via the QKPG with java runtime etc, the server is enabled via the admin page and is displayed as green icon, minimwatch is installed on a desk top computer it seems to find the qnap as minimwatch will start then turn yellow, i have a large music library so i have left it running for circa 12 hours and the icon on the desktop still remains yellow and nothing for the server shows up in Kinsky on my ipad, am I doing anything wrong? The directory path in the minimwatch config section is /Share/Qmultimedia/Music none of the other suggested paths in previous posts were accepted. Help please.

It definitely shouldn't take 12 hours for MinimServer to scan your files, no matter how large your library is!

I haven't come across this before. To start with, I'd suggest powering the NAS off and on (with MinimServer enabled on the QPKG page). This will do a "cold start" of MinimServer. If you get the same problem again, you'll need to go a bit deeper into problem determination.

The first place to look for clues is the MinimServer log file. If you're comfortable using SSH or SCP to access the QNAP, the log file is named minimserver.log and it's in the directory /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer/data or /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer/data (this varies according to the model of QNAP).

If you don't see any useful information in the log, you can increase the amount of logged information by enabling the --debug or --trace option. (You'll get more log output from --trace than from --debug, which might be a good thing or a bad thing.) To run with full tracing, which can produce a very large log file, you should do the following:

1) Edit the minimserver.config file (in the same directory as minimserver.log) to add the line
Code:
.options = --trace

2) Stop and restart MinimServer. You can do this by disabling and enabling MinimServer from the QPKG plugin page, or by powering the NAS off and on (with MinimServer enabled on the QPKG page).

3) Look at the log file. If you're not sure how to interpret the information there, please attach it to a forum post and I'll take a look.

I'm sorry that this process is a bit complicated. The next release of MinimServer will have a much more convenient user interface for viewing the log information and changing the logging level.

Simon

Sorry not a computer techie so will try the cold start option if that doesn't work will wait for your later release, thanks for your prompt response.

Simon

Quick update, did a cold start as suggested this time tray icon on the computer has gone from yellow to grey but remains grey that I believe is something to do with the netwrok, if I restart by disabling then reenabling from the QKPG page mimimwatch turns yellow then after a few minutes turns grey again, any thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply