Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Java Exception Error after Update
10-12-2017, 21:29
RE: Java Exception Error after Update
(10-12-2017 19:17)kurt Wrote:  Thank you so much to fix this on a Sunday evening! Well appreciated!

Thanks very much and I apologise for this problem. I will make sure to use an older compiler when building ohNet for Raspberry Pi in future.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2017, 19:02
(10-12-2017 19:23)simoncn Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 18:58)Mr Frog Wrote:  I tried the stop/start method from within the QNAP App Centre, many times - but to no avail.

However, leaving it 'stopped' for several hours and then restarting, did the trick!

Thank you for all your support Big Grin

I don't know why leaving it stopped for a longer time would make a difference but I am glad that it is working now.
I don't know why leaving it stopped for a longer time would make a difference but I am glad that it is working now.
[/quote]

Oh dear ... just installed the latest 112 and the same issue has arisen (greyed out icon etc)

I tried the start/stop within QNAP App Centre ... but unfortunately this doesn't seem to work with 112.

Please can you help Smile
11-12-2017, 19:55
There is a still an issue on 112 update, once removed minimserver is launching fine (FreeNAS)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-12-2017, 20:03
(11-12-2017 19:02)Mr Frog Wrote:  Oh dear ... just installed the latest 112 and the same issue has arisen (greyed out icon etc)

I tried the start/stop within QNAP App Centre ... but unfortunately this doesn't seem to work with 112.

Please can you help Smile

Please explain what you mean by "doesn't work". What exactly happens when you stop MinimServer and what exactly happens when you start it again?

Please also check the minimserver.log file in the Public shared folder of the QNAP NAS. Do you see any error messages there?
11-12-2017, 20:07 (This post was last modified: 11-12-2017 20:13 by simoncn.)
(11-12-2017 19:55)lukeru Wrote:  There is a still an issue on 112 update, once removed minimserver is launching fine (FreeNAS)

Thanks for posting the details of the error. Does FreeNAS run on Linux or some other kind of Unix? Please post full details of the software (including the exact version) you have installed. Also, what processor does the machine have?
11-12-2017, 20:36
(11-12-2017 20:07)simoncn Wrote:  
(11-12-2017 19:55)lukeru Wrote:  There is a still an issue on 112 update, once removed minimserver is launching fine (FreeNAS)

Thanks for posting the details of the error. Does FreeNAS run on Linux or some other kind of Unix? Please post full details of the software (including the exact version) you have installed. Also, what processor does the machine have?
There you go:
Build: FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6 based on FreeBSD
Platform: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz
Minimserver version: MinimServer-0.8.4-linux-x64.tar.gz
11-12-2017, 21:51 (This post was last modified: 11-12-2017 21:51 by Tell.)
Raspberry Pi

I just posted this on the Raspberry Pi thread of today but in case missed or has a bearing for non Raspberry Pi people:

OK now working but in your step (to Simon, post 37 of this thread he sent a Raspberry Pi poster too)

2) After you get the startup error, type: remove minimserver-0.8-update-111

It said no package or something, read the other thread (this thread) and saw people were talking about a 112 release which also didn't work. Thought I might have that instead so changed to

2) After you get the startup error, type: remove minimserver-0.8-update-112

So all fine. Did a reboot of the Raspberry Pi and it all came back again.

(for Simon, on another Raspberry Pi that hasn't had the update package executed yet via Minimwatch do I need to do anything special or will it pick up the updated version ?... I need to take a keyboard 30 miles if it does so handy to know).

Thanks.
11-12-2017, 23:20
(11-12-2017 20:36)lukeru Wrote:  There you go:
Build: FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6 based on FreeBSD
Platform: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz
Minimserver version: MinimServer-0.8.4-linux-x64.tar.gz

Thanks for this information. MinimServer doesn't support FreeBSD. User airflow has created a way to install MinimServer on FreeBSD which requires rebuilding the ohNet module (see this thread). ohNet will need to be rebuilt for BSD again for the current ohNet version 1.17.2776 in order to make recent MinimServer and MinimWatch updates functional on FreeBSD.
11-12-2017, 23:31
(11-12-2017 21:51)Tell Wrote:  Raspberry Pi

I just posted this on the Raspberry Pi thread of today but in case missed or has a bearing for non Raspberry Pi people:

OK now working but in your step (to Simon, post 37 of this thread he sent a Raspberry Pi poster too)

It said no package or something, read the other thread (this thread) and saw people were talking about a 112 release which also didn't work. Thought I might have that instead so changed to

(for Simon, on another Raspberry Pi that hasn't had the update package executed yet via Minimwatch do I need to do anything special or will it pick up the updated version ?... I need to take a keyboard 30 miles if it does so handy to know).

Thanks.

It sounds like you didn't complete all the steps. See this post for current instructions (remove the bad update then reinstall it).

If the other Raspberry Pi hasn't yet been updated to 111 or 112, there shouldn't be any problem now with updating to either of these.
12-12-2017, 00:24
(11-12-2017 23:31)simoncn Wrote:  
(11-12-2017 21:51)Tell Wrote:  Raspberry Pi

Thanks.

It sounds like you didn't complete all the steps. See this post for current instructions (remove the bad update then reinstall it).

If the other Raspberry Pi hasn't yet been updated to 111 or 112, there shouldn't be any problem now with updating to either of these.

I just poked install on Minimwatch to get to the point where it stopped working. Probably I moved beyond 111 to 112 before I found it wasn't working. I know I did the upgrade on Sunday but didn't test it, today was when I found it wasn't working. Hence I had to remove 112 rather than 111. Now it's working and offering me 112, which I guess is now sorted.

Thanks on advice on the other one.