Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed to update minim server on QNAP
03-12-2017, 13:05
failed to update minim server on QNAP
Hi all, i have tried repeatedly today to update minim server to 0.8.4.5 on my QNAP but have failed. The version i was running was 8.4.1. Initially it was my mistake because i had not noticed that the JRE service was not running so the installation was unsuccessful.

After fixing this the installation seemingly succeeds (I have the icon green in the QNAP apps section) but i cannot log on to the IP:/9790 page.

If I use WINSCP to log on to QNAP and check the log files I get a message "Integrity check value missing in file minimserver.config" and indeed comparing the config file with a backup config file I had from the previous version I see that the file is truncated after a few lines and there is no "integrity check = ..." line as in my back yp file.

QNAP firmware version = 4.3.3.0378 build 20171117

would appreciate your help as I am stuck with nowhere to go from here.

thx in advance,

Greg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2017, 18:13
RE: failed to update minim server on QNAP
Please attach your backup and current minimserver.config files as file attachments to a post here. Many thanks.
03-12-2017, 19:42 (This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 19:55 by drPo.)
(03-12-2017 18:13)simoncn Wrote:  Please attach your backup and current minimserver.config files as file attachments to a post here. Many thanks.

Hi Simon, I removed the previous version 8.4.1 and simply tried many times to install from scratch so there is no backup file.

I did indeed try to edit the config file manually (whilst on 8.4.1) because for some reason minim watch is not working at all (grey area but no button at all, not even "options") - I have noticed in your release notes that this is "no go" but I dont understand why it is still a problem as the 8.4.5. was installed from scratch.

I tried to relaunch via mscript (whilst on the QNAP linux instance) but got a message "local host 9790" being invalid. I attach the current config and the config file as it was before i tried to upgrade. The "contentious" edit was trying to add (but is not part of the below back up) before deleting the 8.4.1. version was about the "Tag update" option.

current config file (you see why i call it "truncated"):
---------------------
minimserver.contentDir = /share/Multimedia
.logFile = /share/Public/minimserver.log
minimserver.monitorUDN = 961aaa86-63af-4c89-b27f-840b972a45f1
minimserver.udn = 34f6cebf-7354-4a7c-90e5-484941b2a86a
minimserver.relaunchScan = true

"back up" config file (it is backed up on my PC, not on the QNAP)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
minimserver.contentDir = /share/Multimedia/MyMUSIC
minimserver.license = 0.8.1
.logFile = /share/Multimedia/MyMUSIC/MinimServer/minimserver.log
minimserver.udn = 7377914b-2756-451a-a6e8-076b1c839db8
minimserver.monitorUDN = 7e9b029c-bbe9-4532-8a35-55146e0c79a6
minimserver.lastIndexTags = Artist, Genre, \#AudioQuality, \#AudioData, Composer, Conductor, Orchestra
minimserver.tagOptions = Album.sortTags\={Album, Artist}
minimserver.systemUpdateID = 103
minimserver.previousAlbumArtistDisplayRole = true
minimserver.tagCustom = AlbumArtist.displayRole\={artist}, Composer.displayRole\={artist}
minimserver.tagFormat = Artist.displayFormat\={$composer^[^] ^$artist$orchestra$conductor}
minimserver.configVersion = 0.8.255
minimserver.indexTags = Artist, Genre, \#AudioQuality, \#AudioData, Composer, Conductor, Orchestra
stream.configVersion = 0.7.102
stream.transcode = flac\:wav
minimserver.listViewAlbums = 50
minimserver.writeAllTags = /share/Multimedia/MyMUSIC/MinimServer/AllTags.xlsx
stream.baseTime = 1512293467802
.configVersion = 0.7.113
.integrityCheck = 2af706735273c85229ce0bc1ec6483d98
03-12-2017, 21:58
Thanks for this. You should be able to solve the problem by doing the following:

1) In the QNAP App Center, stop MinimServer

2) Replace the QNAP version of minimserver.config with the backup PC version

3) In the QNAP App Center, start MinimServer
03-12-2017, 22:35
(03-12-2017 19:42)drPo Wrote:  Hi Simon, I removed the previous version 8.4.1 and simply tried many times to install from scratch so there is no backup file.

I did indeed try to edit the config file manually (whilst on 8.4.1) because for some reason minim watch is not working at all (grey area but no button at all, not even "options") - I have noticed in your release notes that this is "no go" but I dont understand why it is still a problem as the 8.4.5. was installed from scratch.

I have reproduced the problem with the incorrect message about an integrity check error when doing a new installation of MinimServer 0.8.4.5 on QNAP. This is now fixed in MinimServer update 110. Many thanks for helping me find and fix this problem.
03-12-2017, 22:49 (This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 22:56 by drPo.)
(03-12-2017 22:35)simoncn Wrote:  
(03-12-2017 19:42)drPo Wrote:  Hi Simon, I removed the previous version 8.4.1 and simply tried many times to install from scratch so there is no backup file.

I have reproduced the problem with the incorrect message about an integrity check error when doing a new installation of MinimServer 0.8.4.5 on QNAP. This is now fixed in MinimServer update 110. Many thanks for helping me find and fix this problem.

Hi Simon, first of all thanks for working around the clock on it!
Now, I tried the fix you proposed but did not work - hopefully the new update will take care of it...

the log file now says "integrity check failed.." rather "integrity check not found..." so apparently the hexadecimal value i have in my back up file is not accepted as correct

here is the history of the process if i try to relaunch:
Sun 03 Dec 23:52:49 info: /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer/minimserver.sh called by 9048
Sun 03 Dec 23:52:49 info: starting
Sun 03 Dec 23:52:49 info: /usr/local/nptl not found
Sun 03 Dec 23:52:49 info: starting MinimServer
Sun 03 Dec 23:52:49 info: started process 9073
03-12-2017, 22:56
(03-12-2017 22:49)drPo Wrote:  Hi Simon, first of all thanks for working around the clock on it!
Now, I tried the fix you proposed but did not work - hopefully the new update will take care of it...

The new update would only make a difference for a new installation of MinimServer 0.8.4.5 with no existing minimserver.config file. If you want to preserve an existing configuration, my instructions for restoring the backup minimserver.config should work. What happened when you did this?
03-12-2017, 22:57
(03-12-2017 22:56)simoncn Wrote:  
(03-12-2017 22:49)drPo Wrote:  Hi Simon, first of all thanks for working around the clock on it!

The new update would only make a difference for a new installation of MinimServer 0.8.4.5 with no existing minimserver.config file. If you want to preserve an existing configuration, my instructions for restoring the backup minimserver.config should work. What happened when you did this?

just replied at same time you were editing... i dont mind a new installation... i have my config file with my previous settings...
03-12-2017, 23:10
(03-12-2017 22:57)drPo Wrote:  
(03-12-2017 22:56)simoncn Wrote:  

just replied at same time you were editing... i dont mind a new installation... i have my config file with my previous settings...

CORRECTION: you are right, i had EDITED rather than UPLOADED the back up file. this obviously makes a difference wrt the integrity check. So now i have the minim server working THANKS!

However, the real problem which started this mess is that for some reason i am unable to work with the minim watch on my PC (actually i have the same issue with 2 PCs at home, all Win10). It is because of this that i tried to edit the config file without realizing the implications. Minim watch is just a grey icon with nothing to "click" (not even options...).
04-12-2017, 09:42
(03-12-2017 23:10)drPo Wrote:  However, the real problem which started this mess is that for some reason i am unable to work with the minim watch on my PC (actually i have the same issue with 2 PCs at home, all Win10). It is because of this that i tried to edit the config file without realizing the implications. Minim watch is just a grey icon with nothing to "click" (not even options...).

There are various things that could cause this. What exactly happens when you right-click on the MinimWatch icon in the system tray (lower right of your desktop)? Do you see a pop-up menu? If so, what menu selections (if any) are available?