Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package)
05-02-2014, 22:29
RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users
(04-02-2014 23:26)winxi Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 23:16)ego Wrote:  Thanks for the quick replies Winxi.
I can't find the public folder via the File Station. Are you sure that it exist with my DSM version ? It is realy strange not to be able to find it even with search function ?

In prior versions of DSM there was a shared folder called 'public' by default (a shared folder is a top-level folder). It seems that this is not the case for more recent versions of DSM.
If you don't have a shared folder called 'public', please
1) Create a shared folder called 'public' on Volume 1 (in the File Station, select Create -> Create New Shared Folder)
2) Retry the installation of the AutoRestart package.

If the installation fails again, you should now find the installation log file in public/minimautorestart. Thanks!

Edit: I think that in your case the missing public shared folder causes the installation to fail. Can you confirm that the installation is successful after creating a shared folder called 'public'? Please note that in case of a successful installation you wont find a log file in public/minimautorestart.

I have created the public folder and enabled the guest user with read/write access on the public folder.
I tried to install the package again and this time it worked without any problems.
Thanks a lot for the help Winxi !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - ego - 05-02-2014 22:29