Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package)
04-02-2014, 22:58
RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users
(04-02-2014 22:11)winxi Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 21:55)ego Wrote:  I have a Synology DS1512+ with DSM 4.3-3810. I am running MinimServer 0.8.1. on it. I have tried to install Auto Restart package (AutoRestart-0.7.spk) without success - every time I get the following message "Failded to install the package. Bootstrapper download failded."

Can you please advise how to install the package .

Thanks.

Please post the most recent installation log file here as an attachment. You should find this file in the folder public/minimautorestart.
The installation log files are numbered consecutively, please choose the log file with the highest number. Thanks!

Where I can find this folder public/minimautorestart ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 23:00
(04-02-2014 22:58)ego Wrote:  Where I can find this folder public/minimautorestart ?
You can use the Synology File Station to navigate there.
04-02-2014, 23:16
(04-02-2014 23:00)winxi Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 22:58)ego Wrote:  Where I can find this folder public/minimautorestart ?
You can use the Synology File Station to navigate there.

Thanks for the quick replies Winxi.
I can't find the public folder via the File Station. Are you sure that it exist with my DSM version ? It is realy strange not to be able to find it even with search function ?
04-02-2014, 23:26 (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 23:38 by winxi.)
(04-02-2014 23:16)ego Wrote:  Thanks for the quick replies Winxi.
I can't find the public folder via the File Station. Are you sure that it exist with my DSM version ? It is realy strange not to be able to find it even with search function ?

In prior versions of DSM there was a shared folder called 'public' by default (a shared folder is a top-level folder). It seems that this is not the case for more recent versions of DSM.
If you don't have a shared folder called 'public', please
1) Create a shared folder called 'public' on Volume 1 (in the File Station, select Create -> Create New Shared Folder)
2) Retry the installation of the AutoRestart package.

If the installation fails again, you should now find the installation log file in public/minimautorestart. Thanks!

Edit: I think that in your case the missing public shared folder causes the installation to fail. Can you confirm that the installation is successful after creating a shared folder called 'public'? Please note that in case of a successful installation you wont find a log file in public/minimautorestart.
05-02-2014, 22:29
(04-02-2014 23:26)winxi Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 23:16)ego Wrote:  Thanks for the quick replies Winxi.

In prior versions of DSM there was a shared folder called 'public' by default (a shared folder is a top-level folder). It seems that this is not the case for more recent versions of DSM.
If you don't have a shared folder called 'public', please
1) Create a shared folder called 'public' on Volume 1 (in the File Station, select Create -> Create New Shared Folder)
2) Retry the installation of the AutoRestart package.

If the installation fails again, you should now find the installation log file in public/minimautorestart. Thanks!

Edit: I think that in your case the missing public shared folder causes the installation to fail. Can you confirm that the installation is successful after creating a shared folder called 'public'? Please note that in case of a successful installation you wont find a log file in public/minimautorestart.

I have created the public folder and enabled the guest user with read/write access on the public folder.
I tried to install the package again and this time it worked without any problems.
Thanks a lot for the help Winxi !
06-02-2014, 14:50
(05-02-2014 22:29)ego Wrote:  I have created the public folder and enabled the guest user with read/write access on the public folder.
I tried to install the package again and this time it worked without any problems.
Thanks a lot for the help Winxi !

Thanks for your confirmation! In the next few days I will upload an updated package which doesn't require the public shared folder to be existing.
09-02-2014, 19:09
Should restarting the minimserver update new albums added to the server? Because manually restarting on mine wasn't updating any new albums added. I had to rescan.
09-02-2014, 19:44 (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 19:45 by winxi.)
(09-02-2014 19:09)Jota Wrote:  Should restarting the minimserver update new albums added to the server? Because manually restarting on mine wasn't updating any new albums added. I had to rescan.

Actually, the Auto Restart package does initiate a MinimServer rescan and not a restart. The naming of the package comes from former versions of MinimServer which offered just a 'Restart' option. This former 'Restart' option is now split into a 'Restart' option and a 'Rescan' option. This allows for quickly applying new MinimServer settings without the need to rescan the whole library.
10-02-2014, 01:51
Ah, thanks for the clarification. Smile
11-03-2014, 09:01
Hello, it seems that with the latest DSM 5.0 the 0.7 version does not work anymore.
I un-installed and tried to re-installed but had the following issue :
[Image: 309235autorestart.jpg]

Thanks for your support