Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package)
07-09-2013, 09:00
RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users
(06-09-2013 23:34)alegend Wrote:  Ok here is the log...
Situation was like this:
Startet minimautorestart package and renamed one directory as you can see in the log.
Then i opened one track of Da Youngsta´s album within windows 7 explorer and listened to it.

The log shows that the files Folder-Front.jpg and Folder-Inside.jpg have been written to the directory /volume1/Music/-=OldSkool=-/Da Youngsta's - The Aftermath-1993/
The Auto Restart package detected these file system changes and thus MinimServer has been restarted. These files are probably written by the program you are using to listen to the tracks in Windows 7.

Quote:I could see that when I started to listen to this track the date of the log changed but minimwatch didnt´t tell me that the server started - this took some time! Then it restarted!
Curiously the restart process takes very very long - around 5min.

With your current settings for the Auto Restart package, it will take at least 20 seconds (usually more) from the last file system event to the MinimServer restart. The Auto Restart package should not affect the amount of time which MinimServer needs to restart.

Quote:When I then listen to another track - server restarts again!

You can exclude a few of the most common image file types by setting the inotifyExclude property of the Auto Restart package to

Code:
@eaDir|Thumbs\.db|^.*\.(jpg|JPG|png|PNG|gif|GIF)$

You can change the setting of this property by manually editing the file /homes/minimautorestart/restart.config and restarting the Auto Restart package, please see the first post of this thread.
Another possibility would be to configure the program you are using to play the tracks in Windows 7 such that it doesn't write any file when just playing a track.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - winxi - 07-09-2013 09:00