Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package)
01-05-2016, 14:51
RE: Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package)
(01-05-2016 12:42)tomfox Wrote:  I notice that a file synching program also alters a small file on my NASIdea, as does Lightning Server from the renderer Auralic (a dat file for caching) so wouldn’t it be better just to include music files (the same range as MinimServer itself recognizes FLAC, WAV,etc) for Auto Rescan instead of exclude files? Probably there will be more examples to be found which will trigger a rescan.

Watching explicitely just the files which are supported by MinimServer seems to be a good idea and I already had this approach in mind when I started making this package. However, inotifywait (the tool which is used to establish the watches) doesn't allow to specify a pattern for including files, but only for excluding files.

I will add files with certain file name extensions to the list of excluded files. The extensions I've in mind, are
dat, txt, tmp, log, aux, cfg, ini
Which extensions would you add to this list?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package) - winxi - 01-05-2016 14:51