Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package)
26-04-2016, 14:41
RE: Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package)
(26-04-2016 14:10)winxi Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 14:00)tomfox Wrote:  Hallo, thanks for the answer.
I installed inotify-tools by adding the http://synology.francis-besset.com. There is a notification that this is a Beta version but is version 314-2? See attached screenshot (upper limit inotify watches reached & err.log file is still unavailable in this 1b version). Hope you know a solution.
With regards,
Tom

Hello, many thanks for posting this. The log file says that the maximum amount of inotify watches per user is reached. How many files do you have in the directory /volume1/music?
On my disk station, this limit is 102400. You may increase this limit by logging in to your disk station via ssh and writing the new limit to /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches

Hi, I have 1900 albums in the directory /volume1/music and MinimServer counts 26349 tracks. There will be several JPG or LOG files around, but the total amount could not be more than 50000 files, probably 30000 so well under your limit. Beside that I don’t know how to use ssh and write a limit (to a file?). There are no files to be found on my disk station (NAS) belonging to inotify or Autoscan.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package) - tomfox - 26-04-2016 14:41