Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package)
07-01-2013, 18:59 (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 19:00 by winxi.)
RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users
(07-01-2013 09:45)alegend Wrote:  Currently im at work ... i will test what you told me later on when im home....
1)For now I can tell you that I use a DS411j with DSM 3.2 Build 1955.

Hi,

is there a specific reason for you not updating to the latest DSM? If not, I highly encourage you to do so. This may update your linux kernel and glibc, both essential for inotifytools. Moreover, the Auto Restart package depends on system binaries which may be outdated with DSM 3.2. If this turns out to solve one of the related problems, I will make the Auto Restart package dependency on the firmware version more restrictive.

Quote:2)I added only a small dir to the music library for testing of minimserver (i think around 500 files)

3) Im on windows and i copied with explorer, the windows user is logged in as admin.

Both these points should be OK. I did tests with my library of about 20000 files using CIFS.

Quote:I additonaly have to tell you that the inital installation of your package failed! I tried 3 times but never succeeded. So I installed GCC and MAKE via ipkg on the console....
Then i retried to install and it worked!

The package installation relies on the bootstraps listed here. It is not possible for me to test all combinations of Synology models and firmware versions.
However, I'm glad you made the installation work and I'm interested in the reason for your installation problem. Unfortunately, the install-log containing the error is likely to be gone as you did a successful installation afterwards. So we have to investigate this by another way:

The installation procedure will basically do the following three steps:
1) Install ipkg using an appropriate bootstrapper
2) ipkg update, ipkg install gcc, ipkg install make
3) Download, compile and install inotify-tools

Which of these steps did you have to do manually? Please state the exact steps you made.
Do you remember the error message for which the Synology package center aborted the installation?
If you hat to do just step 2) the problem is likely to be due to an outdated version of the 'w g e t' binary which in turn may result from the old DSM version 3.2.

Best regards,
winxi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - winxi - 07-01-2013 18:59