Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package)
31-08-2014, 12:17
RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users
(31-08-2014 11:46)Patatorz Wrote:  Hello, running "MinimServer 0.8.1 update 38" not possible to launch auto-restart v0.8b on a Syno DS713+....
Any support as usual ? Big Grin

I don't have a problem running the Auto Restart package with MinimServer 0.8.2 update 38, but I don't have the possibility to go back to MinimServer 0.8.1 to test your setup. Please try to install the latest MinimServer 0.8.2 package and reinstall the Auto Restart package.
If the issue persists, what exact problem do you see when launching the Auto Restart package? Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2014, 13:06 (This post was last modified: 31-08-2014 13:33 by Patatorz.)
(31-08-2014 12:17)winxi Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 11:46)Patatorz Wrote:  Hello, running "MinimServer 0.8.1 update 38" not possible to launch auto-restart v0.8b on a Syno DS713+....
Any support as usual ? Big Grin

I don't have a problem running the Auto Restart package with MinimServer 0.8.2 update 38, but I don't have the possibility to go back to MinimServer 0.8.1 to test your setup. Please try to install the latest MinimServer 0.8.2 package and reinstall the Auto Restart package.
If the issue persists, what exact problem do you see when launching the Auto Restart package? Thanks!

Hello I run the 0.8.2 update 38 like you and auto restart 0.8b.
I can install it without any problem but when I want to launch it, it seems that it tries to start but the service is still shown as "stopped" in the package services. When re-install, it says that the update has been OK...

Thanks for your sypport
31-08-2014, 16:42
(31-08-2014 13:06)Patatorz Wrote:  Hello I run the 0.8.2 update 38 like you and auto restart 0.8b.
I can install it without any problem but when I want to launch it, it seems that it tries to start but the service is still shown as "stopped" in the package services. When re-install, it says that the update has been OK...

Thanks for your sypport

Does this mean that reinstalling the Auto Restart package did solve the problem? Please note that it is required to reinstall the Auto Restart package after a DSM-update.
31-08-2014, 17:26
Hello, no uninstalling and reinstalling the package did not solve the problem.
When I re-install it tells me that the "update" is OK, try to start but never start. It is seen as stopped in the package center.

Thanks for your support
31-08-2014, 18:08
(31-08-2014 17:26)Patatorz Wrote:  Hello, no uninstalling and reinstalling the package did not solve the problem.
When I re-install it tells me that the "update" is OK, try to start but never start. It is seen as stopped in the package center.

Thanks for your support

Please verify that the 'user home service' is enabled. You will find this setting in the DSM under 'Control Panel' -> 'User' -> 'Advanced' -> 'User Home'.
If this is already enabled, please post the contents of the file /homes/minimautorestart/restart.log. You can navigate to this file using the Synology File Station. Thanks!
31-08-2014, 18:33
Great !!! You touched it. It was not enabled.
What is the meaning of this parameter and the imact on the autorestart ?

Thanks for your great support
31-08-2014, 18:57
(31-08-2014 18:33)Patatorz Wrote:  Great !!! You touched it. It was not enabled.
What is the meaning of this parameter and the imact on the autorestart ?

Thanks for your great support

The user home service provides a home directory for each user. The Auto Restart package uses a dedicated user and stores files in its home directory.
The package contains a check for the user home service being enabled which may fail with newer DSM versions. I've updated the first post of this thread with a new version of the package which contains a more robust check.
01-09-2014, 13:38
Ok Thanks, now the service starts but when I put new files in the directories minimserver is looking for, the Library is not updated. In the past I remember when I had look to minimwatch that auto-restart makes minimerver restart in order to update the Library but in this case no retstart and no update.

Another setup to adjust in the synology ?

Thanks for your support
01-09-2014, 14:11
(01-09-2014 13:38)Patatorz Wrote:  Ok Thanks, now the service starts but when I put new files in the directories minimserver is looking for, the Library is not updated. In the past I remember when I had look to minimwatch that auto-restart makes minimerver restart in order to update the Library but in this case no retstart and no update.

Another setup to adjust in the synology ?

Thanks for your support

Please post the file /homes/minimautorestart/restart.log here as an attachment. Theanks!
01-09-2014, 14:26
Here we go !

Thanks

Attached File(s)
.log  restart.log (Size: 406 bytes / Downloads: 2)