Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimwatch cannot see the server on qnap
29-10-2017, 23:00
Minimwatch cannot see the server on qnap
Hello,

I've read a few post about the subject and i think i ran out of options here.

The server is runing, i tried turning off firewalls, and im not sure about the other network adapter.

Can you guys help me out?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2017, 08:59
RE: Minimwatch cannot see the server on qnap
When you start MinimWatch, you should see a message in the MinimWatch log (not the MinimServer log) telling you which subnet is active. Is this the correct subnet for your network? You can view the MinimWatch log by selecting Options > Show log (watch) from the minim icon.
30-10-2017, 19:41
(30-10-2017 08:59)simoncn Wrote:  When you start MinimWatch, you should see a message in the MinimWatch log (not the MinimServer log) telling you which subnet is active. Is this the correct subnet for your network? You can view the MinimWatch log by selecting Options > Show log (watch) from the minim icon.

From the minimwatch log the Active subnet is 192.168.1.0

By doing a cmd on windows i see my subnet mask as 255.255.255.0

Is this my problem? Thanks a bunch!
31-10-2017, 10:35
The 255.255.255.0 value for subnet mask is OK. The active subnet is not the same as the subnet mask. What is the IP address of the server? If this starts with 192.168.1. this would mean your subnet setting is OK and the problem is likely to be caused by a firewall or antivirus program on the PC. It sometimes happens that the PC has its LAN connection listed as Public rather than Private and this can cause inbound traffic to be blocked by your PC firewall.