Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minim always scans music database
05-01-2013, 08:16
RE: Minim always scans music database
(05-01-2013 00:31)George47 Wrote:  I have got Minim working and was able to get round the first main problem by deleting the Graphic tags so as not to get an error message for most albums. But if I stop Minim working and then immediately restart it, it scans the NAS drive on the network where the music is stored yet again and takes 20 mins to get going again. I thought it only scanned for changes not restart the scans again. Have I checked a box that forces rescans evertime?

MinimServer keeps a cache from the last scan that it did. When you restart it, it looks for any added or changed files and rescans those files. It also rescans any files that had error or warning messages in the previous scan. All other files should not be rescanned.

The cache files are kept in MinimServer's working directory. If the cache files are deleted or damaged, you'll get a complete rescan.

You can see exactly which files MinimServer is rescanning by doing the following:

1) Start MinimServer and let the initial scan finish completely
2) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
3) In the log window, change the logging level from Info to Debug
4) Leave the log window open
5) From the minim icon, select 'Restart'
6) In the log window, you should see messages about which directories MinimServer is opening and which files it is rescanning
7) You should see messages for all your directories. Opening a directory (even on a NAS drive) should be a very quick operation.
8) You should not see messages for all your files. If you are seeing messages for all your files, please press 'Save as" to save a copy of the log file, zip this file, and attach it here.
9) In the log window, change the logging level back to Info
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minim always scans music database - simoncn - 05-01-2013 08:16