Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Instances
14-10-2017, 18:53
Multiple Instances
I just installed a new Instance of minimserver (specifically for Audiobooks) on my server. The original instance is installed in /opt/minimserver.

I wanted to install the new instance in /opt/minimserver_hoerspiele, but the scripts want to have minimserver as the directory of minimserver (so I needed to install to /opt/minimserver_hoerspiele/minimserver). Is this really necessary?

My preferred way would have been to have all instances in a single place and only separated by the config files, or (since this does not seem to be possible) to have a directory /opt/minimserver and then several instance directories (eg. /opt/minimserver/main and /opt/minimserver/audiobooks).

What do you think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2017, 19:32
RE: Multiple Instances
Thanks for this suggestion. It would be a lot of work to change the installation folder structure and I don't have any plans to do this.
14-10-2017, 21:50 (This post was last modified: 14-10-2017 21:57 by triplem.)
Oh, how bad. So, right now, if running multiple instances, the folder needs to be something like /opt/minimserver-1/minimserver and /opt/minimserver-2/minimserver?

Thats is okay as well, but should be documented somewhere IMHO.

And while we are discussing Multiple Instances, could you add the DisplayName to the Webpage of the Instance, so that one can distinguish the instances on the webpage as well?

Thanks for the great product and the great support.
14-10-2017, 22:27
(14-10-2017 21:50)triplem Wrote:  Oh, how bad. So, right now, if running multiple instances, the folder needs to be something like /opt/minimserver-1/minimserver and /opt/minimserver-2/minimserver?

Thats is okay as well, but should be documented somewhere IMHO.

I think the documentation already makes it clear how to do this (see point 15 of this section).

Quote:And while we are discussing Multiple Instances, could you add the DisplayName to the Webpage of the Instance, so that one can distinguish the instances on the webpage as well?

Thanks for the great product and the great support.

It is there already:

Media server status for **displayName**: Running
14-10-2017, 22:48
(14-10-2017 22:27)simoncn Wrote:  I think the documentation already makes it clear how to do this (see point 15 of this section).
Well, To be honest, it was not clear to me...

(14-10-2017 22:27)simoncn Wrote:  It is there already:

Media server status for **displayName**: Running
Oh, I missed this one...
17-10-2017, 22:58
I have made a small change to this section which I hope will explain more clearly how to set up the directories for multiple instances.