Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Files doesn't appear on server
13-10-2017, 17:20
Files doesn't appear on server
Hi!

I have some FLAC files and they doesn't want to appear on the server even after rescan. Files is 24/44 tagged FLAC. I can't find them with any client (tried linn kazoo & kinsky & lumin) even in folder view.

What can be the reason for this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2017, 21:28
RE: Files doesn't appear on server
Have you checked the MinimServer log for error messages?
13-10-2017, 22:11
(13-10-2017 21:28)simoncn Wrote:  Have you checked the MinimServer log for error messages?
Thanks for the reply! Not earlier but after you asked i can see this about the files in the needed folder:

Error: duplicate Vorbis comment block at offset 205 in file Beck - Colors (2017) [24bit]/02. Seventh Heaven.flac (length 66131512)
Error: duplicate Vorbis comment block at offset 197 in file Beck - Colors (2017) [24bit]/06. Dreams.flac (length 65989832)

what does it mean?
13-10-2017, 22:20
The FLAC specification allows only one Vorbis comment block in a FLAC file. These files have more than one comment block and are therefore not valid FLAC files.

You might be able to fix the problem by running the faulty files though a converter program such as dBpoweramp or XLD (use FLAC to FLAC conversion). This leaves the audio data unchanged and should fix file format issues such as this.
13-10-2017, 22:25
Ok. Will try this, thanks for pointing to the error & explaining it!

For your information/consideration - i'm running minim on the synology NAS and it had their own media server. And these files are appears in it even with this faulty tags.
14-10-2017, 07:50
This means that the Synology media server is ignoring some of the tags in the file without telling you about the problem.