Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
control point for android that can chromecast
04-08-2017, 13:24
RE: control point for android that can chromecast
(04-08-2017 09:09)FindHDmusic Wrote:  This is a bug in the Hi-Fi Cast app. It's assuming the media server will provide a mime-type (rather than *) in the ProtocolInfo field. I'll try and get this fixed ASAP.

- Brett

That explains one of the issues. The other issue appears to be more serious than I realized. This morning Hi-Fi Cast had again lost the connection to MinimServer for some reason even though, as far as I know, nothing special happened. BubbleUPNP was still talking to MinimiServer without issue. So it seems like I have two programs, BubbleUPNP which can talk to Minimserver but not Chromecast and Hi-Fi Cast that can talk to Chromecast but not Minimserver.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2017, 15:32
This suggests a problem on your network with UPnP multicast messaging. See this section for some suggestions.
04-08-2017, 15:37
Hmmm. Does the fact that the problem connecting to MinimServer appears to happen with only one app not implicate the app rather than the network? (I mean, at the very same time that Hi-Fi Cast can't talk to Minimserver, BubbleUPNP is having no problem.)

Would a problem with UPnP multicast messaging also affect connectivity to Chromecast?
04-08-2017, 15:43 (This post was last modified: 04-08-2017 15:43 by simoncn.)
I don't know how BubbleUPnP talks to Chromecast. However, two mysterious network-related problems with different apps suggests to me that there is likely to be a network issue.
04-08-2017, 17:53
(04-08-2017 13:24)adrian Wrote:  The other issue appears to be more serious than I realized. This morning Hi-Fi Cast had again lost the connection to MinimServer for some reason even though, as far as I know, nothing special happened. BubbleUPNP was still talking to MinimiServer without issue. So it seems like I have two programs, BubbleUPNP which can talk to Minimserver but not Chromecast and Hi-Fi Cast that can talk to Chromecast but not Minimserver.
See description
In-App Purchase
• Hi-Fi Cast will stop playback and prompt you to upgrade to the premium version from time to time. If you decide to upgrade via the in-app purchase, your music listening will be entirely ad and interruption free.
I think it's fair
05-08-2017, 16:54 (This post was last modified: 05-08-2017 16:56 by FindHDmusic.)
(04-08-2017 15:37)adrian Wrote:  Hmmm. Does the fact that the problem connecting to MinimServer appears to happen with only one app not implicate the app rather than the network? (I mean, at the very same time that Hi-Fi Cast can't talk to Minimserver, BubbleUPNP is having no problem.)

Would a problem with UPnP multicast messaging also affect connectivity to Chromecast?

I guess it's possible. According to Wikipedia, Chromecasts also use multicast for device discovery (though via mDNS rather than UPnP).

In your previous posts you mentioned rebooting your tablets and Chromecast - have you also rebooted your router?
07-08-2017, 12:39
Hanu, I'm not talking about Hi-Fi Cast asking me if I want to pay. When this happens I can say "no" and proceed. What I mean is that Hi-Fi Cast says Minimserver is offline and the only way to resolve it is to reboot the tablet.

I have not tried rebooting the router.
27-08-2017, 13:28
I tried rebooting the router. So far the problem of Hi-Fi Cast losing connection to minimserver has not recurred since then. However, I now have no volume controls in Hi-Fi Cast, which is kind of odd.

Meanwhile, BubbleUPNP still has problems connecting to the Chromecast devices, so the reboot didn't help that.

Anybody have a recommendation for a third android program that can talk to Minimserver and use Chromecast?