Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer installed under MS Vista
28-12-2012, 07:36 (This post was last modified: 28-12-2012 08:13 by Oroperplex.)
MinimServer installed under MS Vista
Hi,

i installed MinimServer under Operating System Windows Vista.
The Computer icon showed me the "working MinimServer". Ok actually XBMC is not working properly playing flac tracks.

Which other windows client is working properly with the MinimServer.
I did not get foobar or Jriver working well with MinimServer. I only want both of them to work as GUI, so using the MinimServer Categories. But i fail to get this to work. Some Ideas ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2012, 13:39
RE: MinimServer installed under MS Vista
(28-12-2012 07:36)Oroperplex Wrote:  Hi,

The Computer icon showed me the "working MinimServer". Ok actually XBMC is not working properly playing flac tracks.

I did not get foobar or Jriver working well with MinimServer. I only want both of them to work as GUI, so using the MinimServer Categories. But i fail to get this to work. Some Ideas ?

I could help with foobar issues, as I have foobar installed and I use it occasionally for testing. Please can you describe the problems you're having with MinimServer and foobar in more detail.

I've tried JRiver in the past, but I don't find it easy to work with. It's unlikely that JRiver will work with MinimServer because JRiver uses UPnP Search commands and MinimServer currently doesn't support UPnP Search.
28-12-2012, 21:12 (This post was last modified: 28-12-2012 21:13 by Oroperplex.)
RE: MinimServer installed under MS Vista
(28-12-2012 13:39)simoncn Wrote:  
(28-12-2012 07:36)Oroperplex Wrote:  Hi,

I could help with foobar issues, as I have foobar installed and I use it occasionally for testing. Please can you describe the problems you're having with MinimServer and foobar in more detail.

i read a thread in hydrogenaudio with bubblegum explanations inside, and so i get foobar recognizing the MinimServer. I installed the mentioned foo_upnp.dll which gives the possibility to reach Minim through the upnp browser. I can see my MinimServer hirarchiy and can browse through the categories. Playing tracks is so possible.
So my next target is to configure the upnp browser more smoothly, means showing albumart an so on.