Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to configure MinimServer after install on QNAP
30-06-2017, 15:45
How to configure MinimServer after install on QNAP
I read all kind of information but I cannot find out how I post configure certain options. I really cannot find System Tab's, etc.
I did:
- install MinimServer using QNAP App Center (not using MinimWatch);
- MinimServer is running and I already stream some music to my Linn;
- install MinumWatch under Windows 10 ending up gray (no server found) with no Server options available.

I like to convert FLAC to WAV by editing flac:wav to stream.transcode. Where can I find the System tab or the corresponding config files.

I only find this path "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer/data" with minimserver.configure.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2017, 06:27
RE: How to configure MinimServer after install on QNAP
You need to fix the problem with MinimWatch not seeing MinimServer. Ths is probably a Windows firewall issue. As a test, try completely disabling the Windows firewall to see whether this fixes the "gray icon" problem.
01-07-2017, 09:14
You pointed me into the right direction. MinimWatch was using my OpenVPN subnet. After changing ohnet.subnet MinimWatch icon become green and server options are available. After this I only needed to install MinimStreamer to get to the stream.transcode option field. Thank you for your reply.

Is there a way to check if the flac files are really converted to wav format when streaming to the Linn streamer? I like to be sure because I want to evaluate the difference between flac and wav.
01-07-2017, 15:04
Analysing the output using the UPnP Browser within Windows 10 and/or foobar2000, I could easily see changing the format from FLAC to WAV after enabling the flac:wav transcode leaving the bit depth intact and visa-versa. Now I know for sure that Linn will see WAV files.