Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do I have so many errors in my log?
15-07-2018, 15:37
RE: Why do I have so many errors in my log?
Posted before I completed, my apologies.

7. I am not able to get minimwatch to see the minimserver on my QNAP NAS. I have tried to get the subnet right - my internal IP address of the QNAP is 192.168.0.21 so I have kept the subnet as 192.168.0.0. So I have installed another minimserver version on a windows PC and am using the minimwatch for that to generate these logs. Any solution to this?

Finally if I fix these errors identified using the windows install, it would be safe to assume the the QNAP version wont continue to identofy these as errors? Else I have to keep verifying by checking each album/track.

8. Lastly, is there any way to know the files that minimserver has not picked up so that I can know what of my collection has been uploaded and take some action on the rest. Are the files in the "untagged" bucket these?

Many thanks for any help on this long list!!!

Best

NH
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2018, 17:43
I have replied to your questions inline below.

(15-07-2018 15:23)NH68 Wrote:  1. Issues with WAV files (which I have lots) example below. The solution is I believe to reconvert using db Poweramp. I tried one file and it no longer features in the error log. Question I have is why is this issue only with some files and when I am able to play them well in jriver and other programs. I will have a lot of converting to do if I have to use them. No other workaround?

Error: chunk data extends beyond form size in WAV file Music Western/Audiophile Downloads/Ana Caram - The Other Side of Jobim - Chesky Records - 1992/01. Ana Caram - Esperance Perdida.wav (length 50531166)

You will need to convert these files in order to see them in your MinimServer library. MinimServer is (intentionally) failrly strict in its checking of the internal file structure and some other programs are less strict.

Quote:2. Illegal characters as shown below. However when I open the tags (in jriver) I dont see any illegal character

Warning: illegal character 0x00 in TRACKNUMBER tag value in file Music Western/Audiophile Downloads/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young-Deja Vu(1970)[SHM-CD][EAC-FLAC][TWR68][CR-Bt]/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu [SHM-CD].flac

Older versions of JRiver had a bug in writing 0x00 at the end of the tag value for FLAC files. If you use a recent version of JRiver to rewrite the tags for these files, this should fix these 0x00 errors.

Quote:3. Incorrect flac header 0X00000.....at offset 0: This is also a incorrect ripping issue I believe. Again this is with many files and those files play normally in other programs

I don't how other programs are able to play a FLAC file that doesn't start with a valid FLAC header. Does converting them using dBpoweramp make them playable in MinimServer?

Quote:4. Warning messages like below in playlist files. How does one edit these playlist files?

Warning: missing comma on #EXTINF line 2 of file Music Western/Audiophile Downloads/HDtracks 9624 Ultimate Download/PlayList_1318951388171.m3u

These are plain text files and they can be edited with a text editor such as Notepad.

Quote:5. There are others where the file is missing but the playlist mentions it. Identifying it is pretty cool, however if I cant add that file, will this playlist not work at all?

Error: playlist Music Western/Audiophile Downloads/Lindsey Buckingham - Gift of Screws (2008) [flac] {Reprise 180g LP; BG; 16-44}/Lindsey Buckingham - Gift of Screws.m3u: no matching file for B1 - Bel Air Rain.flac

The other files in the playlist should play OK.

Quote:6. Video files: Some files have this issue

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 1751415197 in file Music Indian/Music Videos/Malmali Tarunya Majhe.mp4 (length 10116086)

MinimServer doesn't support video files, only audio files.
15-07-2018, 17:53
(15-07-2018 15:37)NH68 Wrote:  7. I am not able to get minimwatch to see the minimserver on my QNAP NAS. I have tried to get the subnet right - my internal IP address of the QNAP is 192.168.0.21 so I have kept the subnet as 192.168.0.0. So I have installed another minimserver version on a windows PC and am using the minimwatch for that to generate these logs. Any solution to this?

When MinimWatch starts, what is the active subnet for MinimWatch (not MinimServer)? This is shown by selecting Options > Show log (watch). If this subnet is 192.168.0.0, this is probably an issue with Windows firewall settings. Try completely disabling the Windows firewall to confirm this.

Quote:Finally if I fix these errors identified using the windows install, it would be safe to assume the the QNAP version wont continue to identofy these as errors? Else I have to keep verifying by checking each album/track.

If you fix these errors on Windows and copy the fixed files to the QNAP, MinimServer on the QNAP should accept them with no problems.

Quote:8. Lastly, is there any way to know the files that minimserver has not picked up so that I can know what of my collection has been uploaded and take some action on the rest. Are the files in the "untagged" bucket these?

For every file not accepted by MinimServer, there will be an error message in the MinimServer log. The 'untagged' bucket contains valid (playable) files that either don't contain any tags or contain tags that couldn't be read by MinimServer.
20-07-2018, 14:00
Many thanks for the detailed replies. Will revert once I have tried everything.