Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks Simon!Perfect Upnp server!
01-01-2013, 14:52 (This post was last modified: 01-01-2013 14:54 by bbrip.)
RE: Thanks Simon!Perfect Upnp server!
I guess in that case the only solution is eBay and moving on Smile . People in this business that take more than 15min to understand the benefits of gapless playback are lost in translation and should probably look for a new job (or new customers) Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2013, 15:02 (This post was last modified: 01-01-2013 15:02 by Alekz.)
RE: Thanks Simon!Perfect Upnp server!
He-he, this is how I acquired the PWD/Bridge - from the former pissed off owner ;-)
03-01-2013, 21:50
PS Audio PWD-II flaws and strengths
(01-01-2013 14:52)bbrip Wrote:  I guess in that case the only solution is eBay and moving on Smile . People in this business that take more than 15min to understand the benefits of gapless playback are lost in translation and should probably look for a new job (or new customers) Tongue

(I changed the subject line, as the topic has drifted.)

I cannot (and am not at all inclined to) defend PS Audio for the terrible support of gapless playback. I will point out, though, that their DAC has many fans because it offers exceptionally musical sound at a price lower than quite a few competitors. My CD collection never sounded nearly this good previously.

We owners are hoping fervently that they will get it right with the next round of software, due into beta shortly. Undecided If not, as you say, it may well be eBay or Audiogon for mine.

Mike

Mike
Portland, Oregon, USA