Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimwatch- not seeing Minimserver.
22-04-2017, 14:53
Minimwatch- not seeing Minimserver.
I am having issues with Minimwatch seeing my NAS (QNAP) server in where Minimserver is located. I have read all your posts in the forum and tried troubleshooting myself but to no avail. I have used both IP addresses with different results

I am using Qfinder Pro and installed Minimserver - when clicking on Minimserver program - it indicated that it is running and shows on top of my Safari - 104.57.141.71. When I enter this IP address in the Minimwatch properties - it give me a red status indicating that this subnet is not found but per the log it indicates that the Active subnet is 192.168.1.0 -

So I have used the 192.168.1.0 in the properties then relaunch - then the note goes grey.

Since I am using a Mac - Firewall is off. All incoming connections to this computer are allowed.

Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2017, 15:45
RE: Minimwatch- not seeing Minimserver.
I'm not a Qnap user, but I think the 104.57.141.71 address is most likely your Qnap address for external access over the Internet. The subnet, 192.168.1.0, is your local network and represents the group of IP addresses used by your router for assigning addresses to your local network, it's not a specific device address. So your router is probably 192.168.1.1, and it is assigning an address with a higher number to your Qnap, for example 192.168.1.2, .3, etc. You can use an app like IP Scanner Home on your Mac to list the addresses of all your devices.

I'm not sure where in Properties you're entering an IP address, I've never had to do that. Typically Minimwatch finds Minimserver automatically if they're on the same network. In the System tab of Properties you should see fields for http.port and ohnet.port. I'm not sure if this is standard, but on mine those are 9790 and 9791. Other than that, I see no place to enter an IP address. If you're able to access the Properties, then it looks like Minimwatch has found Minimserver and you shouldn't have to enter an IP address anywhere.
22-04-2017, 20:46
Is MinimServer visible to your UPnP control point? If not, this indicates that there is a multicast discovery problem with your network. See this section for some suggestions.

I don't quite understand wat you mean by "it indicated that it is running and shows on top of my Safari - 104.57.141.71". Where exactly are you seeing the 104.57.141.71 address?
23-04-2017, 01:14
(22-04-2017 20:46)simoncn Wrote:  Is MinimServer visible to your UPnP control point? If not, this indicates that there is a multicast discovery problem with your network. See this section for some suggestions.

I don't quite understand wat you mean by "it indicated that it is running and shows on top of my Safari - 104.57.141.71". Where exactly are you seeing the 104.57.141.71 address?

Hi Simon

You are correct - the UPnP (Lumin app) does not see the minimserver library. I will review your suggestions and see what I can do. I have it connected to a Cisco 28 port managed switch.

Where I see the 104.57.141.71 address is that one I click on the Minimserver app in Qfinder - it will launch another browser and indicates that the status of MinimServer is running . The address is identified on the url and as well in
Qfinder.
23-04-2017, 17:16
It sounds like something is wrong with your network setup because 104.57.141.71 is an external IP address as antonmb said. QFinder should be showing you an internal IP address in the 192.168.1.x range.
24-04-2017, 11:52
On the Mac that you are using to run QFinder Pro, please start a Terminal window and enter

ifconfig

at the command prompt, then copy and paste the output into a post here.
24-04-2017, 16:33 (This post was last modified: 24-04-2017 16:40 by Peter@57m.)
(24-04-2017 11:52)simoncn Wrote:  On the Mac that you are using to run QFinder Pro, please start a Terminal window and enter

ifconfig

at the command prompt, then copy and paste the output into a post here.

I know its Mac and may be different, but on Windows that command would be ipconfig

Update: OK looked around and see on Mac ifconfig is correct :-)
24-04-2017, 16:40
On Windows, it would be ipconfig /all. On Mac and Linux, it is ifconfig.
30-04-2017, 23:57
got it to work - as like you all said - it was not configured properly.....

thanks so much for everyone's help.