Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lumin problem
18-04-2017, 12:29 (This post was last modified: 18-04-2017 13:48 by calloway.)
Lumin problem
I am currently using the 0.83 version of Minim. I am having a problem logging into Luminas it stays 'offline' and am wondering if upgrading to a newer version of Minim would help..If so ..which version and how to go about it..?.I might also add that I changed modem/routers yesterday to a new Century Link modem. Would that be the problem and if so..how to fix.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2017, 14:08
RE: Lumin problem
I have been having the same problem. Sometimes Lumin takes five minutes to find the room on my Akurate DS. I use it with a Melco, using that latest beta software and of course Minimserver. Same problem happens if I use Twonky. So I will not blame Minimserver!!

But whether it is the latest Linn firmware or the latest Melco firmware, I knoweth not. I am using an old iPad, which has been fine to date. My hunch is that the problem lies with Lumin. What are other people finding?

donuk sunny downtown York.
18-04-2017, 14:10
MinimServer 0.8.3 is no longer supported, so you should update to 0.8.4. If you still have the problem after doing this, please post back here and I will investigate further.

To update from 0.8.3 to 0.8.4 on a Mac, you can follow the instructions in this section.
18-04-2017, 14:11
PS, Calloway.
I do not know the Century Modem but you could just check that it has not seized the same address as something else on your system. I had that problem with a Netgear switch recently (Briain helped me confirm what was wrong).

donuk still sunny downtown York.
18-04-2017, 14:35
(18-04-2017 14:10)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer 0.8.3 is no longer supported, so you should update to 0.8.4. If you still have the problem after doing this, please post back here and I will investigate further.

To update from 0.8.3 to 0.8.4 on a Mac, you can follow the instructions in this section.

Simon..thanks..i will update tonight when I get home..
18-04-2017, 14:38
(18-04-2017 14:11)Donuk Wrote:  PS, Calloway.
I do not know the Century Modem but you could just check that it has not seized the same address as something else on your system. I had that problem with a Netgear switch recently (Briain helped me confirm what was wrong).

donuk still sunny downtown York.

Donuk...thanks..i tried a Netgear modem and could not get it to see the incoming internet signal on the DSL so I went to a newer CenturyLink combo modem/router but now have the 'offline' problem.i am going to upgrade to a newer version of Minim tonight and see if this fixes the problem.thanks..may get back with you.
19-04-2017, 02:03
(18-04-2017 14:10)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer 0.8.3 is no longer supported, so you should update to 0.8.4. If you still have the problem after doing this, please post back here and I will investigate further.

Simon..Dave here. i downloaded the 0.8.4 version and the Lumin app still says it is 'offline' ..thoughts..dave
19-04-2017, 09:09
(19-04-2017 02:03)calloway Wrote:  Simon..Dave here. i downloaded the 0.8.4 version and the Lumin app still says it is 'offline' ..thoughts..dave

Thanks for trying this. The next step is to look at the modem settings. What is the exact make and model of the CenturyLink modem? According to this page, there are many different kinds.
19-04-2017, 09:30 (This post was last modified: 19-04-2017 09:39 by Donuk.)
I may be talking at cross purposes here. Sorry to muddle things.
My problem here is that Lumin takes a long time to find my streamer. It remains on line and can take commands. But it says it cannot find a Lumin, and does not give me the option of choosing the "room" when I try to set it up. After a few minutes it invariably finds everything on its own. Anyone with this particular problem?
As I said, the problem happens with Twonky as well as Minimserver.
donuk sunny downtown York
19-04-2017, 10:14
(19-04-2017 09:30)Donuk Wrote:  I may be talking at cross purposes here. Sorry to muddle things.
My problem here is that Lumin takes a long time to find my streamer. It remains on line and can take commands. But it says it cannot find a Lumin, and does not give me the option of choosing the "room" when I try to set it up. After a few minutes it invariably finds everything on its own. Anyone with this particular problem?
As I said, the problem happens with Twonky as well as Minimserver.
donuk sunny downtown York

This is a multicast discovery problem. See this section for more information and some suggestions.