Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lumin problem
19-04-2017, 13:11
RE: Lumin problem
(19-04-2017 09:09)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-04-2017 02:03)calloway Wrote:  Simon..Dave here. i downloaded the 0.8.4 version and the Lumin app still says it is 'offline' ..thoughts..dave
Simon..It is a 'PK5001A...it says Century Link on top.Dave

Thanks for trying this. The next step is to look at the modem settings. What is the exact make and model of the CenturyLink modem? According to this page, there are many different kinds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2017, 14:35
I think the problem for me is my Virgin Superhub, which I gather can be far less than super.
I have been using it as a modem only with a separate router. The router died. So I am using the Superhub as a router. (on the lower frequency band) I found that using the spare sockets in the superb to connect up the network, (as a switch that is) really did not work at all. So I bought a separate switch, a TP-Link TL-SG108E, which is configurable. Initially it clashed with my Superhub and now I have given it a different address. I have put IGMB snooping off, but no improvement. I have borrowed another simple switch and replaced that. No improvement.

Lumin will find the "room" after two or three minutes, but it used to be immediate and remember..

The joys of Virgin super hubs. Unless you can think of something obvious Simon don't make a worry of it. I am certain it is nothing to do with Minimserver.
Donuk sunny downtown York
19-04-2017, 17:30
(19-04-2017 13:11)calloway Wrote:  Simon..It is a 'PK5001A...it says Century Link on top.Dave

I found some instructions for enabling UPnP on this modem (see this page). Please try this to see if it helps.
19-04-2017, 17:52
Actually I think you might have fixed it Simon! Clever old stick!
I put back the configurable switch, the TP-link one, and switched the snooping feature off again. There is not one on the virgin superhub. Anyway I have rebooted both the hub and switch and checked the setting survived this. And all seems fine...... :-)

Don, grateful of downtown York.
20-04-2017, 00:33
(19-04-2017 17:30)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-04-2017 13:11)calloway Wrote:  Simon..It is a 'PK5001A...it says Century Link on top.Dave

I found some instructions for enabling UPnP on this modem (see this page). Please try this to see if it helps.

Simon..i went to the modem settings section and UPnP was enabled..Dave...do i have to change any of the settings in 'Properties'..after setting up the new version?.the Lumin app still is 'offline'..i will be going to Axpona tomorrow through sunday and be back sunday night..hopefully you will have some helpful ideas ..dave
20-04-2017, 09:13 (This post was last modified: 20-04-2017 10:06 by simoncn.)
There is no need to change any property settings after moving from 0.8.3 to 0.8.4. You could check the System page to see if you have set the ohnet.subnet property. This property should be blank.

Can you say more about the Lumin app being offline? Is it not seeing MinimServer and also not seeing your renderer or is it seeing your renderer but not seeing MinimServer? Can you attach a screenshot?
20-04-2017, 14:14
(20-04-2017 09:13)simoncn Wrote:  There is no need to change any property settings after moving from 0.8.3 to 0.8.4. You could check the System page to see if you have set the ohnet.subnet property. This property should be blank.

Can you say more about the Lumin app being offline? Is it not seeing MinimServer and also not seeing your renderer or is it seeing your renderer but not seeing MinimServer? Can you attach a screenshot?

Simon..i am not sure how to do that through the forum structure..The ohnet.subnet property is blank. i have taken pics of the app page but am not sure how to load them to this page..
20-04-2017, 15:44
(20-04-2017 14:14)calloway Wrote:  Simon..i am not sure how to do that through the forum structure..The ohnet.subnet property is blank. i have taken pics of the app page but am not sure how to load them to this page..

1) In the forum post editing page, click the Browse button next to "New Attachment"
2) Browse to the file that you want to attach and select the file
3) In the forum post editing page, click the Add Attachment button (don't forget this step)

You can repeat this to attach multiple files.
21-04-2017, 08:54
Firstly apologies to Calloway for hijacking the thread a bit. I thought it might turn out to be the same problem.
But it has been useful and caused me to learn a bit about IGMP snooping and to switch it off on small networks.
That greatly improved the problem but not totally cure it.
I discovered yesterday that Linn have just published a further firmware beta - Davaar 4.56.173.
This, inter alia, addresses an issue that the streamer cannot be found.
Installing this seems, so far, to have cured the problem totally.

Donuk, overcast downtown York.
22-04-2017, 22:04
(20-04-2017 15:44)simoncn Wrote:  
(20-04-2017 14:14)calloway Wrote:  Simon..i am not sure how to do that through the forum structure..The ohnet.subnet property is blank. i have taken pics of the app page but am not sure how to load them to this page..

1) In the forum post editing page, click the Browse button next to "New Attachment"
2) Browse to the file that you want to attach and select the file
3) In the forum post editing page, click the Add Attachment button (don't forget this step)

You can repeat this to attach multiple files.
Simon....would it not be a good idea to delete my current Minim file altogether and start with a totally new registration?...I think the problem lies in the trying to upgrade the old 0.8.3 version to the 0.8.4 version. If I was to get rid of all Minim in my system and start new, the Lumin app should function again. Thoughts.if you agree...tell me exactly how to totally delete Minim before starting over...dave