Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with minimserver errors logged please
17-04-2017, 15:35
Help with minimserver errors logged please
I am getting some errors in the log which I cannot solve, mostly associated with tagging, for example:-
Error: group contains tracks that aren't consecutive: ...
But when I look at the files they all appear OK (using easyTAG).
I have a few other issues with ALBUMARTST, again which I have not been able to resolve. What should I be looking for to sort this out?

The errors are being ignored so playing seems OK but I would like to get rid of errors if possible.
PS the errors are on another machine so I cannot cut and paste but could send the log file.
Budgie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2017, 20:37
RE: Help with minimserver errors logged please
If you have used the GROUP tag to put tracks into a group, the tracks must be consecutive. If they are not consecutive, you will get this message and the GROUP tag will be ignored.

Each album can have at most one ALBUMARTIST value. If you specify more than one value, you will get a message and all ALBUMARTIST tags for the album will be ignored.
18-04-2017, 12:19
(17-04-2017 20:37)simoncn Wrote:  If you have used the GROUP tag to put tracks into a group, the tracks must be consecutive. If they are not consecutive, you will get this message and the GROUP tag will be ignored.

Each album can have at most one ALBUMARTIST value. If you specify more than one value, you will get a message and all ALBUMARTIST tags for the album will be ignored.
Hi Simon,
Many thanks for the reply. I did not consciously set the GROUP tag so it must have come from Musicbrainz via SongKong. I shall have to find out how to remove it because not obvious (to me at least) in EasyTAG or Puddletag.

One value for ALBUMARTIST begs the question for a list of artists. How should I enter for them to be seen as one value?
18-04-2017, 14:01
(18-04-2017 12:19)Budgie Wrote:  Hi Simon,
Many thanks for the reply. I did not consciously set the GROUP tag so it must have come from Musicbrainz via SongKong. I shall have to find out how to remove it because not obvious (to me at least) in EasyTAG or Puddletag.

SongKong currently populates Work tags but not Group tags. Perhaps you have an aliasTags entry for Work:Group. If so, you could remove this aliasTags entry.

Quote:One value for ALBUMARTIST begs the question for a list of artists. How should I enter for them to be seen as one value?

Normally, you would enter each artist separately as ARTIST values and use a single value for ALBUMARTIST. This single value could be anything according to your preference. For example, if there are two artists, you could enter both names. If there are many artists, you could enter the main artist. If there is no main artist, you could enter Various Artists.