Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Album Artist displayed as Various artists
12-04-2017, 08:48
Album Artist displayed as Various artists
I am not sure whether this is an app or a music server issue (I am using MinimServer with Naim Mu-so and the Naim app). Also I do not think it is a new issue either. Have raised this in the Naim forum, too.

I browse for albums based on the album artist, however, if any of the tracks on an album has multiple artists, then once I select such album, it is displayed with "Various artists" in the Naim app.

Example: Roger Water: Amused to Death; in my tagging, two tracks have Roger Waters and P.P. Arnold as track artists, plus there is a track with Roger Waters and Don Henley, as well as Roger Waters and Rita Coolidge. And then there are 10 tracks with Roger Waters only. The album artist tag says Roger Waters. 'Various artists' are not part of any of the tags.

The way I browse to it is: Artist -> Roger Waters -> 4 albums -> Amused to Death [line one says 'Amused to Death' and line two says 'Roger Waters'] -> [all tracks of the album are listed, and the heading says 'Amused to Death' on line one and 'Various artists' on line two].

Is this the intended behaviour? If so, can I change it?

Many thanks

/Peter

Like Reply (0 Likes) Take Action
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2017, 09:17
RE: Album Artist displayed as Various artists
See this post and later discussion on the thread. In summary, MinimServer is sending the AlbumArtist tag value if there is one. The Naim app shows "Various artists" on the album contents page but shows the correct AlbumArtist value in the list of albums. Is this what you are seeing?
12-04-2017, 10:04
(12-04-2017 09:17)simoncn Wrote:  See this post and later discussion on the thread. In summary, MinimServer is sending the AlbumArtist tag value if there is one. The Naim app shows "Various artists" on the album contents page but shows the correct AlbumArtist value in the list of albums. Is this what you are seeing?

Thanks Simon,
Yes, that is exactly what I am seeing. Will have a look at the thread now, too.
/Peter
12-04-2017, 10:36
(12-04-2017 10:04)Peterkj Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 09:17)simoncn Wrote:  See this post and later discussion on the thread. In summary, MinimServer is sending the AlbumArtist tag value if there is one. The Naim app shows "Various artists" on the album contents page but shows the correct AlbumArtist value in the list of albums. Is this what you are seeing?

Thanks Simon,
Yes, that is exactly what I am seeing. Will have a look at the thread now, too.
/Peter

From the thread it appears to be an issue with the Naim app.

As mentioned, I have raised it with Naim as well.

Many thanks

/Peter