Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with sorting optins
14-04-2017, 22:28
RE: Help with sorting optins
(14-04-2017 22:07)Phydeaux Wrote:  What I really would like to nail down though is the sorting of the albums listed under each artist so that they start at the earliest and scroll down to the latest.

To do this, set Album.sortTags={Artist, +Date, Album}.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2017, 08:23
(14-04-2017 22:28)simoncn Wrote:  To do this, set Album.sortTags={Artist, +Date, Album}.

Results in error when restarting server:

MinimServer: incorrect tag name 'Date' in option 'Album.sortTags' in property 'tagOptions'

Cheers,
Robert
15-04-2017, 09:45
It seems I have some other weirdness.

If I go to Artists then "Band, The" I see four things: a folder marked 34 Items and 3 albums folders
If I go to Artists then "Beatles, The" I see three things: a folder marked 16 albums, a folder marked 253 Items and a folder marked All Artists.

And this appears to be randomly true across Artists view - some show a folder with the albums in and others show the albums alongside the Items folder.

My media is all tagged to the same standard and stored in the same folder hierarchy. Nothing with the media or tagging has changed but I swear I always saw both a Items folder and an Albums folder under the Artist... No idea. How do I do a reset to default on MinimServer?

Cheers,
Robert
15-04-2017, 12:23
(15-04-2017 08:23)Phydeaux Wrote:  Results in error when restarting server:

MinimServer: incorrect tag name 'Date' in option 'Album.sortTags' in property 'tagOptions'

You need to add Date to either the itemTags or indexTags property.
15-04-2017, 12:27 (This post was last modified: 15-04-2017 12:28 by simoncn.)
(15-04-2017 09:45)Phydeaux Wrote:  It seems I have some other weirdness.

If I go to Artists then "Band, The" I see four things: a folder marked 34 Items and 3 albums folders
If I go to Artists then "Beatles, The" I see three things: a folder marked 16 albums, a folder marked 253 Items and a folder marked All Artists.

And this appears to be randomly true across Artists view - some show a folder with the albums in and others show the albums alongside the Items folder.

My media is all tagged to the same standard and stored in the same folder hierarchy. Nothing with the media or tagging has changed but I swear I always saw both a Items folder and an Albums folder under the Artist... No idea. How do I do a reset to default on MinimServer?

Cheers,
Robert

This is how MinimServer works. The menu choices depend on your previous selections. For example, MinimServer does not show an "All Artists" menu choice if selecting this would only show one artist name.
15-04-2017, 17:22
(15-04-2017 12:27)simoncn Wrote:  This is how MinimServer works. The menu choices depend on your previous selections. For example, MinimServer does not show an "All Artists" menu choice if selecting this would only show one artist name.

OK, that's not the confusing part - I understand that and it makes complete sense. The part I don't get is that one artist will show an albums menu choice (with X number albums) and another won't show that as a choice, ill just show the albums themselves.

Thanks!
Robert
15-04-2017, 18:18
(15-04-2017 17:22)Phydeaux Wrote:  OK, that's not the confusing part - I understand that and it makes complete sense. The part I don't get is that one artist will show an albums menu choice (with X number albums) and another won't show that as a choice, ill just show the albums themselves.

Thanks!
Robert

You willl get this view if no other menu choices are available. Displaying an "nn albums" choice would be unhelpful in this case because it would require the user to make an extra selection to see the list of albums.
15-04-2017, 18:41
OK, thank you Simon. Sorry for being so obtuse and I appreciate your patience.

Cheers,
Robert