Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using the reverseName option
01-04-2017, 15:24
Using the reverseName option
On the help page I read:

»MinimServer provides an elegant solution to these problems by supporting automatic reversal of the "lastname(s), firstname(s)" format. If you already have Composer tags in this format, you can use the Composer.reverseName.display setting of the tagOptions property to automatically reverse these names for displaying on the control point's Now Playing screen. If you also want to show reversed names in the Composer index, you can use the Composer.reverseName.display.index setting.«

I understand this so: If I set the tagOptions to »AlbumArtist.reverseName.display, AlbumArtist.reverseName.display.index« an have the AlbumArtist tags filled with »Claudio Abbado - Nikolaus Harnoncourt« and so on. I get the list of the AlbumArtists as »Abbado, Claudio - Harnoncourt, Nikolaus« and so on. This is not so. This setting seems to have no effect. Is this because my english is so poor and I don’t understand? Or is this option really without any effect?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2017, 16:13
RE: Using the reverseName option
(01-04-2017 15:24)Leixuros Wrote:  I understand this so: If I set the tagOptions to »AlbumArtist.reverseName.display, AlbumArtist.reverseName.display.index« an have the AlbumArtist tags filled with »Claudio Abbado - Nikolaus Harnoncourt« and so on. I get the list of the AlbumArtists as »Abbado, Claudio - Harnoncourt, Nikolaus« and so on. This is not so. This setting seems to have no effect. Is this because my english is so poor and I don’t understand? Or is this option really without any effect?

It works the other way from how you are expecting. To use this option, you would need to have AlbumArtist tags filled with Abbado, Claudio and Harnoncourt, Nikolaus.
01-04-2017, 18:04
Well I Have the composer tag filled this way. If I set Composer.reverseName.display. Aha. OK. This way it doesn’t work. If I set Composer.reverseName.display, Composer.reverseName.display.index I get this list: Alban Berg - Alexander Borodin - (and so on, a little bit later) Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel - Bach, Johann Christoph - Bach, Johann Sebastian (and so on) - Beethoven. Ludwig van - (and later) Ludwig van Beethoven. This seems to mean if the problem with every composer appearing twice (all the files are tagged like »Wagner, Richard« - not one like »Richard Wagner«) can be resolved, I have to look for Beethoven under the letter L. Am I right?
01-04-2017, 22:33
You should not be setting both Composer.reverseName.display and Composer.reverseName.display.index.

If you want the composers to be sorted by last name (Beethoven sorted under B) and shown in the index by reversed name (Ludwig van Beethoven) and displayed in the Now Playing information by reversed name (Ludwig van Beethoven), you should set only Composer.reverseName.index.display.

If you want the composers to be sorted by last name (Beethoven sorted under B) and shown in the index by reversed name (Ludwig van Beethoven) and displayed in the Now Playing information by non-reversed name (Beethoven, Ludwig van), you should set only Composer.reverseName.index.

If you want the composers to be sorted by last name (Beethoven sorted under B) and shown in the index by non-reversed name (Beethoven, Ludwig van) and displayed in the Now Playing information by reversed name (Ludwig van Beethoven), you should set only Composer.reverseName.display.