Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Minimserver does not find Sony Music Centre Control Point
25-06-2019, 14:04 (This post was last modified: 25-06-2019 14:07 by Zeewier.)
RE: Minimserver does not find Sony Music Centre Control Point
(25-06-2019 13:17)simoncn Wrote:  Yes, this is interesting. Is this perhaps a hint from Sony that they know about a specific incompatibility with Windows 10? I have not heard about any such issues from other MinimServer users.

The notebook that I am using as a media server came with Win10 preinstalled, therefore I don't think reverting to an earlier version of Windows is an option. As a lifelong Apple Mac user, I know next to nothing about Windows, certainly not pre-Win10 versions, but Sony's reply suggests that the way DLNA and UPnP is implemented in Win 10 differs from previous versions of Windows.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2019, 17:17 (This post was last modified: 25-06-2019 17:18 by simoncn.)
If this is the case, I am surprised that it does not seem to affect any other control points or renderers.

I understand that using Windows 7 or 8 is not an option for you. Perhaps another user with a Sony Music Centre will be able to try this.
03-07-2019, 11:22
A further observation.
I have two media servers on my Asus E200HA notebook with Win10 Pro 10.0.18362 installed, but I don't run them simultaneously.
When Minimserver 0.8.5.2 (which I use for music streaming) is running, the Sony Music Center app on my iPhone does NOT see it. So streaming music directly to the Sony speaker is not possible.
When UMS (Universal Media Server) 8.2.0 (used for serving images) is running, Music Center DOES see it and can access all image folders (but images are not displayed of course since the renderer is a Sony wireless speaker).

This makes me wonder whether there is a specific incompatibility between Minimserver and the Music Center app, rather than an incompatibility more generally between Win10 and Music Center. As reported above, the latter was suggested by Sony tech support.