Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 - Autostart MinimServer with Task Scheduler
18-03-2017, 04:44 (This post was last modified: 18-03-2017 04:44 by kaycee.)
RE: Windows 10 - Autostart MinimServer with Task Scheduler
(18-03-2017 00:11)simoncn Wrote:  MinimWatch should show a tray icon if MinimServer isn't showing its own tray icon. Can you say in more detail what you did in Task Scheduler?

Hi Simon,

What I did in Task Scheduler was just to schedule a new task that will run "java -jar C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib\mserver.jar" when PC boots and start in C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib. In Task Configuration I chose the option to start it whether user is logged in or not and to trigger it at System Startup.

If I install Minimwatch on the same PC and start it, it does show up in tray icon. But it does not see the Minimserver running on the same PC (top menu items like Rescan etc are greyed out). I saw "Note: Instances of MinimServer running on the same computer aren't displayed as MinimWatch icons. This would be confusing, because they're already displayed as MinimServer icons". May be that is the reason Minimwatch does not see the Minimserver running on the same PC?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Windows 10 - Autostart MinimServer with Task Scheduler - kaycee - 18-03-2017 04:44