Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer Wrong Path
21-12-2012, 21:26
MinimServer Wrong Path
Hi Guys - I have MinimServer 0.63 installed on a Synology 1812+ and it's working perfect.

I just installed MinimServer 0.63 on a Rasberry Pi Model B. The install went fine and MinimServer starts perfect after scanning my library. I can browse the library from my iPhone app just fine.

Problem -> MinimServer is sending the incorrect file path to the renderer. I've attached three screenshots demonstrating the issue.

Working Config:
My NAS is at 10.0.1.18
MinimServer running on NAS. iPhone control point sending music from NAS to JRiver as the renderer. One screenshot below shows the path to the track as 10.0.1.18... This works perfect as it should.

Not Working Config:
My NAS is at 10.0.1.18
My Raspberry Pi is 10.0.1.147
I point MinimServer to the NAS by mounting the NAS folder in /mnt/music on the Raspberry Pi. iPhone control point sending music from NAS to JRiver as renderer. One screenshot below shows the path to the track as 10.0.1.147... This would be OK if the rest of the path went to the ContentDir location in /mnt/music.

JRiver says it has nothing to play because there is no music in the directory MinimServer is directing it to. It's like MinimServer knows where the music is but tells the renderer the incorrect location.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Connaker

Founder
Computer Audiophile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2012, 21:46
RE: MinimServer Wrong Path
UPDATE

I have a bit more information. I can stream from the Raspberry Pi running MinimServer straight to my iPhone running eLyric. It seems the correct path must be given by MinimServer or the iPhone wouldn't be able to play the music.

I have no idea what's going on.
21-12-2012, 21:54
One more update:

Just tried it on another JRiver PC and it works fine.
22-12-2012, 08:44
(21-12-2012 21:26)The Computer Audiophile Wrote:  Hi Guys - I have MinimServer 0.63 installed on a Synology 1812+ and it's working perfect.

I just installed MinimServer 0.63 on a Rasberry Pi Model B. The install went fine and MinimServer starts perfect after scanning my library. I can browse the library from my iPhone app just fine.

Problem -> MinimServer is sending the incorrect file path to the renderer. I've attached three screenshots demonstrating the issue.

Working Config:
My NAS is at 10.0.1.18
MinimServer running on NAS. iPhone control point sending music from NAS to JRiver as the renderer. One screenshot below shows the path to the track as 10.0.1.18... This works perfect as it should.

Not Working Config:
My NAS is at 10.0.1.18
My Raspberry Pi is 10.0.1.147
I point MinimServer to the NAS by mounting the NAS folder in /mnt/music on the Raspberry Pi. iPhone control point sending music from NAS to JRiver as renderer. One screenshot below shows the path to the track as 10.0.1.147... This would be OK if the rest of the path went to the ContentDir location in /mnt/music.

JRiver says it has nothing to play because there is no music in the directory MinimServer is directing it to. It's like MinimServer knows where the music is but tells the renderer the incorrect location.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Connaker

Founder
Computer Audiophile

Hi Chris,
Welcome to the MinimServer forum! I've found the excellent information and discussion on the Computer Audiophile website to be very interesting and informative.

The path in the first screenshot (http://10.0.1.147/....) seems to be correct. MinimServer contains its own web server, and this has custom logic for resolving these paths relative to the contentDir setting(s). It seems that this custom resolution isn't working on the RPi for some reason.

To help me identify the problem, please can you produce a diagnostic trace by doing the following:

1) Start MinimServer
2) Start the control point and browse to a file that you want to play
3) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
4) In the log window, change the logging level to Trace
5) Leave the log window open
6) Attempt to play the file
7) You should see some trace messages appear in the log window
8) Press 'Save as' to save the log file
9) Change the logging level back to Info
10) Zip the log file and attach it to a post here

Which control point are you using on the iPhone?

Best regards,
Simon
Find all posts by this user