Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature request: FLAC to WAV transcoding
24-09-2015, 10:45 (This post was last modified: 25-09-2015 03:25 by timmdd.)
RE: Feature request: FLAC to WAV transcoding
HI

A friend of mine has introduced one conversion tool for me, its's called the HD Video Converter , which can convert the lossless flac to mav and many formats of video and audio to the formats I want. Hope you can try it onceBig Grin

BEST
Find all posts by this user
06-03-2017, 06:14 (This post was last modified: 06-03-2017 06:15 by mxffiles.)
(24-09-2015 10:45)timmdd Wrote:  HI

A friend of mine has introduced one conversion tool for me, its's called the HD Video Converter , which can convert the lossless flac to mav and many formats of video and audio to the formats I want. Hope you can try it onceBig Grin

BEST
mxf converter helps convert the lossless flac to Wav and many formats of video and audio to the formats audio converter
06-03-2017, 08:46
According to the linked web page, this is a video converter. There is no mention of support for FLAC.
07-03-2017, 10:59
(01-04-2012 11:39)knijsterbek Wrote:  That way, the benefits of FLAC (tagging, album art) and the benefits of WAV (for me: SQ) could be bundled.
Paul
Wav now supports ID3 tagging which is exactly the same as used by Mp3s and is actually more powerful than than Flacs metadata support. MinimServer can read and serve this metadata so why not just transcode your FLACs to WAV instead then you wouldn't need MinimServer to do the transcoding.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2017, 11:54
(07-03-2017 10:59)paultaylor Wrote:  Wav now supports ID3 tagging which is exactly the same as used by Mp3s and is actually more powerful than than Flacs metadata support. MinimServer can read and serve this metadata so why not just transcode your FLACs to WAV instead then you wouldn't need MinimServer to do the transcoding.

From a MinimServer perspective, ID3 tagging is not more powerful than FLAC/Vorbis tagging because MinimServer is reading a subset of ID3 tags (see this section) and mapping them internally to FLAC/Vorbis tags. ID3 tagging is more complex than FLAC/Vorbis tagging but this isn't necessarily a good thing (in my opinion).
07-03-2017, 12:25
Right from MinimServer perspective doesn't really matter, they are both as good as another. But in general whilst I totally agree that ID3 is overly complex in some parts and that is not helpful to anyone one thing it does allow is multiple values to be represented together which OggVorbis comments as used by Flac does not. So for example the TMCL (for Musicians) field has a specific way to store musician and their instrument whereas Flac does not have a way to relate multiple values to each other so akward workarounds have to be adopted.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2017, 13:24
confused.com - I thought that is what MinimStreamer does, ie. convert FLAC to WAV on the fly. I'm clearly misunderstanding the original question here...
07-03-2017, 15:48
(07-03-2017 13:24)SoundAdikt Wrote:  confused.com - I thought that is what MinimStreamer does, ie. convert FLAC to WAV on the fly. I'm clearly misunderstanding the original question here...

This is a very old thread (started before MinimServer supported FLAC to WAV transcoding on the fly) and it seems to mostly contain out-of-date information and posts advertising various video converter tools. I am closing this thread now.
Thread Closed