Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Synology DSM update incompatible with Minimserver
28-02-2017, 00:55
Latest Synology DSM update incompatible with Minimserver
I've just attempted to apply the latest version of the Synology NAS operating system (DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 9), but I was warned that it was incompatible with MinimServer, which would therefore be disabled. I therefore cancelled the update.

My MinimServer installation is up to date (at version 97).

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2017, 08:23
RE: Latest Synology DSM update incompatible with Minimserver
This is a known issue with DSM 6.1 (see this post).

It should not happen with DSM 6.0.2 if you have the latest version of MinimServer (0.8.4.2) installed. You can check this in the Synology Package Center.
28-02-2017, 10:55
(28-02-2017 08:23)simoncn Wrote:  This is a known issue with DSM 6.1 (see this post).

It should not happen with DSM 6.0.2 if you have the latest version of MinimServer (0.8.4.2) installed. You can check this in the Synology Package Center.

Sorry, I misread the DSM update screen. I quoted my current version rather than the one I was trying to install (which was indeed DSM 6.1).

I will try to remember to use the Support section of this forum for posting any future problems...

David
28-02-2017, 11:41
As advised on that other thread, I ignored the warning from Synology and just went ahead with the 6.1 update. All went well and MinimServer restarted automatically.