Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melco new firmware
20-10-2017, 19:22
RE: Melco new firmware
Downgrading the Melco firmware forces an "initialize settings" and this causes MinimServer to be removed from the internal system area.

The MinimServer folder in the 'share' folder is not removed and installing MinimServer 0.8.4.7 will restore your previous MinimServer configuration that was saved under the MinimServer folder. For this to work, you must install 0.8.4.7 and not an earlier version.

What were the issues you noticed with 3.70? I am running this and I haven't noticed any problems.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2017, 21:09
Hi Simon, and thanks for the info. I was getting the first track of an album to play and then nothing. Also, the control app time counter was off -- it either didn't run or it counted every other second, :02, :04, :06, etc. I am trying reboots of various components to troubleshoot. Thanks again.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk1 (MinimServer 2) --> network --> AURALiC ARIES G2 --> Lightning Link (WWPS7 hdmi) --> AURALiC VEGA G2 with AURALiC LEO GX Master Clock --> XLR --> Mark Levinson No. 523 --> RCA --> JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) --> RCA --> Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) --> Magnepan .7
21-10-2017, 08:31 (This post was last modified: 21-10-2017 08:53 by simoncn.)
Are you using the Melco USB-DAC renderer? and MinimServer? If it is the USB-DAC renderer, is this set to mode 0, mode 1 or hybrid mode?
11-11-2017, 19:41
(21-10-2017 08:31)simoncn Wrote:  Are you using the Melco USB-DAC renderer? and MinimServer? If it is the USB-DAC renderer, is this set to mode 0, mode 1 or hybrid mode?

I am having problems since I upgraded to 5.70 also. I am using a NAIM DAC with some USB interface. I had no problem with the previous firmware, and now the music stops after a few tracks (more than one), I am getting a message on the control point telling me that the connection to the DAC is lost, or that the music file is not located properly on the Melco.

The advent of a 5.71b version soon after 5.70 should have warned me not to upgrade.
11-11-2017, 20:42
I have used 3.71b (not 5.71 ofrex) and 3.70 on a Melco N1/A using the simple ethernet settings with no difficulties at all.
Certainly in the 3.71b (and possibly) the 3.70 the ability to switch off Twonky from the front panel is useful.

Used with Lumin and Kazoo. The control app timer on Lumin sometimes stops. I put this down to Lumin which is a great app but a bit moody with Linn.

It also seems to sound particularly good these days, if you believe in such possibilities.....

Donuk Sunny downtown York
11-11-2017, 21:49
(11-11-2017 19:41)ofrex Wrote:  I am having problems since I upgraded to 5.70 also. I am using a NAIM DAC with some USB interface. I had no problem with the previous firmware, and now the music stops after a few tracks (more than one), I am getting a message on the control point telling me that the connection to the DAC is lost, or that the music file is not located properly on the Melco.

The advent of a 5.71b version soon after 5.70 should have warned me not to upgrade.

Do you have the USB-DAC renderer set to mode 0, mode 1 or hybrid mode? I am using mode 1 and I have not had any problems.
11-11-2017, 21:56
I am in mode 0, that is suitable for mconnect. But I will try mode 1.
22-11-2017, 14:54
(11-11-2017 21:49)simoncn Wrote:  
(11-11-2017 19:41)ofrex Wrote:  I am having problems since I upgraded to 5.70 also. I am using a NAIM DAC with some USB interface. I had no problem with the previous firmware, and now the music stops after a few tracks (more than one), I am getting a message on the control point telling me that the connection to the DAC is lost, or that the music file is not located properly on the Melco.

Do you have the USB-DAC renderer set to mode 0, mode 1 or hybrid mode? I am using mode 1 and I have not had any problems.

After a few days with mode 1, I got no problem.
Lets hope that the next firmware update will make mode 0 work again.

PS) I obvioulssy meant 3.50, 3.70 and 3.71b in my earlier post.
22-11-2017, 15:05 (This post was last modified: 22-11-2017 16:28 by simoncn.)
Perhaps you could inform Melco about this if you haven't already done so. This might improve the chances of getting a fix.
22-11-2017, 16:43
(21-10-2017 08:31)simoncn Wrote:  Are you using the Melco USB-DAC renderer? and MinimServer? If it is the USB-DAC renderer, is this set to mode 0, mode 1 or hybrid mode?

Hi and and sorry for the late reply. IIRC, at the time I was using Ethernet from my MinimServer-enabled N1ZH60 to my PS Audio Bridge II. I now think the problem was more as a result of Audirvana 3.1.x, which continues to have trouble driving the Bridge II. However, I would note that the Melco home page currently contains the following announcement:

News
[IMPORTANT NOTICE]
N1 firmware Ver. 3.70 and Ver. 3.71B downloads are temporarily unavailable. We will announce a new fixed firmware soon.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and your kind understanding and cooperation would be much appreciated.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk1 (MinimServer 2) --> network --> AURALiC ARIES G2 --> Lightning Link (WWPS7 hdmi) --> AURALiC VEGA G2 with AURALiC LEO GX Master Clock --> XLR --> Mark Levinson No. 523 --> RCA --> JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) --> RCA --> Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) --> Magnepan .7