Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distortion at start of the first track
16-02-2017, 11:10
RE: Distortion at start of the first track
(15-02-2017 11:22)simoncn Wrote:  
(15-02-2017 10:42)Pepsican Wrote:  I have no problems connecting with Lumin to my Sonore mRendu. Although now I think of it, that may be through DLNA rather than UPnP. The difference for me between running BubbleUPnP or not, is that I do or do not have access to Tidal and Qobuz.

From the Sonore microRendu page:

Mode #3a - DLNA Output - This output utilizes streams from UPNP/DLNA servers and controllers. This output can be configured as an OpenHome renderer. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD*.

It sounds like the microRendu is providing OpenHome renderer support and this is why it works with the LUMIN app.

As an option to be activated, yes. For OpenHome to work, you need to separately activate BubbleUPnP on the mRendu. If you do, then the Lumin App offers you the additional options to stream TIDAL and Qobuz. If you just enable standard UPnP/DLNA, then the Lumin app does not show these options and you can only use Lumin as a control point for streaming files seen by MinimServer plus any radio streams you have defined in Playlists.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2017, 12:05
RE: Distortion at start of the first track
The OpenHome renderer protocol doesn't automatically provide TIDAL and Qobuz support. If you don't have BubbleUPnP Server running, LUMIN is using the OpenHome renderer support provided by the mRendu. When you activate BubbleUPnP Server, the additional options to stream TIDAL and Qobuz become available because BubbleUPnP Server is providing this additional support.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply