Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST
24-01-2017, 12:38
ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST
Hello FM's,

I have been using MediaMonkey for cleaning up my music library. I have lot of Indian film tracks, so I have been following this model for tagging:

ARTIST : actual artist who gave the voice (generally multiple, male & female voices)
ALBUMARTIST : on screen artists in the song (generally, Hero, Heroins of the film, of course multiple).

Recently I have installed MinimServer on Synology, I couldn't get hang of the settings that work with the model I described.

I want to have two entries(ARTIST & ALBUMARTIST) on any upnp control point (I tried with bubbleupnp on android), under the two I want each artist listed separately.

so, am I tagging right? I could get the ARTIST (I was using ";" as separater in MediaMonkey but after reading up, I changed to // and it worked) work the way I intended but couldn't get the ALBUMARTIST work right.

so, how do I get the ALBUMARTIST right?

which tool for changing the separater of the whole library? I used MP3Tag, but I didn't find anyway to do it on the whole library.

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2017, 13:55
RE: ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST
In Mp3tag, you need to use a \\ separator for multiple values.

MinimServer doesn't allow more than one ALBUMARTIST value per album. To do what you want with MinimServer, you need to use a different tag name for the on screen artists (for example, SCREENARTIST).
24-01-2017, 14:04
(24-01-2017 13:55)simoncn Wrote:  In Mp3tag, you need to use a \\ separator for multiple values.

MinimServer doesn't allow more than one ALBUMARTIST value per album. To do what you want with MinimServer, you need to use a different tag name for the on screen artists (for example, SCREENARTIST).

I remember reading some where, that MinimServer allows multiple values for all tags. I don't have the URL but it is mentioned there that we need to use some custom setting (something like ALL.xxxx.xxx), to allow for multiple values in all tagged fields. I might be 100% wrong, I will try to get that link and post here.

I haven't seen field named SCREENARTIST, in MediaMonkey or tagscanner? How do I do that?
24-01-2017, 15:28
You can add any tag name in Mp3tag by using the Extended Tags dialog.

MinimServer supports multiple values for most tags but for some tags it is not valid to have multiple values (for example, ALBUM, TRACKNUMBER, ALBUMARTIST).
24-01-2017, 15:38
(24-01-2017 15:28)simoncn Wrote:  You can add any tag name in Mp3tag by using the Extended Tags dialog.

MinimServer supports multiple values for most tags but for some tags it is not valid to have multiple values (for example, ALBUM, TRACKNUMBER, ALBUMARTIST).

ok Thank you. I will try that.
Appreciate your time.

Is there any other way to change the ARTIST field to multi valued; or editing in the MP3Tag is the only. Any other tool that is recommneded for windows, for bulk updates.
24-01-2017, 15:55
There is no problem with having multiple values for ARTIST. Mp3tag has bulk editing capabilities and is able to split fields by a given separator character. See "Split field by separator" on this page for information.