Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple tags delimiter (e.g. Genre or Artist) syntax
01-01-2013, 22:37
RE: Multiple tags delimiter (e.g. Genre or Artist) syntax
(01-01-2013 21:56)Budgie Wrote:  Hi Simon,
I thought I would start on cleaning up my tagging using the minimserver log info to point me to problem files. I had assumed the issue had been caused by the undocumented delimiter that EasyTag inserted when I used the " - " sequence. If the same file is looked at in PuddleTag then sure enough the \\ delimiter is shown and I had these in the album titles of the problem albums. I cleaned them all out for a couple of albums by inserting an underscore instead, uploaded corrected versions to NAS and restarted minimserver but the same error message appears.

From the discussion in this thread, it seems that puddletag can defeat MinimServer's cache updating by preserving the previous timestamp and file length when it makes tag changes. If you configure puddletag to modify the timestamp instead of preserving it, you should see what you're expecting. Alternatively, you can delete MinimServer's .mcache files, but this will cause a significant increase in startup time.

Quote:I then did as you suggested above with a test file and the tags look fine

ALBUM=Madrigali guerrieri ed amorosi_Libro VIII (René Jacobs)
ARTIST=Jacobs, René
COMPOSER=Monteverdi, Claudio
DATE=2002
GENRE=Vocal
TITLE=Canti guerrieri Sinfonia_Altri canti d'Amore, tenero arceiro
TRACKNUMBER=001

Are there any illegal characters such as : or other issues which could be the cause of the problem when minimserver scans the content directory?

Regards,
Budgie.

There aren't any illegal characters. I think you'll find the problem is caused by caching issues as described above.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multiple tags delimiter (e.g. Genre or Artist) syntax - simoncn - 01-01-2013 22:37