not all custom mp3 tags are shown?
12-12-2012, 15:43
RE: not all custom mp3 tags are shown?
sounds promising! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 21:38
just another question i couldn't solve yet while listening to music with your great tool. when TPE4-Tags may become supported by minimserver, will there be any way to add these tags to tag view in browser? like having the value of "remixed by"-tag in brakets right behind the title-tag? right now when having multiple versions of a track you only see artist, title and album, but you cant see which remix of the track it is... in short, can i customize the way tracks are listed in browser somehow? :-) thx and greetings!
08-01-2013, 22:22
(08-01-2013 21:38)alexinc Wrote:  just another question i couldn't solve yet while listening to music with your great tool. when TPE4-Tags may become supported by minimserver, will there be any way to add these tags to tag view in browser? like having the value of "remixed by"-tag in brakets right behind the title-tag? right now when having multiple versions of a track you only see artist, title and album, but you cant see which remix of the track it is... in short, can i customize the way tracks are listed in browser somehow? :-) thx and greetings!

The ID3v2 specification describes the TPE4 frame as:

Interpreted, remixed, or otherwise modified by

foobar2000 maps this frame to:

REMIXED BY

I'm inclined to go with the latter, as it's a lot shorter. Smile

Assuming this mapping, you'll need to add 'Remixed By' to the indexTags property so that MinimServer will create an index for 'Remixed By' as well as the existing indexes for Artist, Genre, Date, etc.

To do what you want, you'll also need to add 'Title' and 'Album' to the indexTags property. After you've browsed to the track via Artist->Album->Title or Artist->Title, if the track contains one or more Remixed By tags, the Title selection will display an index for Remixed By. You can open this index and select the desired remix for the track.
08-01-2013, 22:50
ahhh, i see! really stunning piece of software it already is. one last thing i noticed while comparing bits to twonky and bubbleupnp on android as renderer/control unit: do you think that a search function may be a feature to implement? bubbleupnp can search twonky database, but not minimserver i assume.

btw thanks for your fast replies, as always! :-)
08-01-2013, 22:58
(08-01-2013 22:50)alexinc Wrote:  ahhh, i see! really stunning piece of software it already is. one last thing i noticed while comparing bits to twonky and bubbleupnp on android as renderer/control unit: do you think that a search function may be a feature to implement? bubbleupnp can search twonky database, but not minimserver i assume.

btw thanks for your fast replies, as always! :-)

A search function is on the list of improvements that I'd like to add in a future release. This will allow searches from UPnP control points that support this capability.
09-01-2013, 08:46
thumbs up! :-) just let me know if i can test anything, will keep wireshark on my system for a while... ;-)
04-02-2013, 14:38
(12-12-2012 12:21)simoncn Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 13:37)simoncn Wrote:  There's a known issue with the LABEL tag. The ID3v2 specification uses the TPUB 'Publisher' frame to hold Publisher or Label information. Some tagging programs (but not Mp3tag, according to this page) put LABEL tags into TPUB frames, and MinimServer currently doesn't read TPUB frames. I could change MinimServer to read TPUB frames, but the result would be that your Label tags are displayed as Publisher tags. :(

ARTISTSORT is problematical as well. From a bit of web searching, Mp3tag writes this to the TSOP 'Performer Sort Order' frame. This is only valid in ID3v2.4, but Mp3tag writes it to ID3v2.3 as well. MinimServer currently doesn't read the TSOP tag. I could change this, but the result might be that your ArtistSort tags are displayed as PerformerSortOrder tags, and this might only work if your files are written with ID3v2.4 tags. :(

When I have a spare day or two, I'll gather information on all the tag mappings used by all the tagging programs, try to guess which of the many alternative mapping choices represent the prevailing industry standard, and implement those mappings in MinimServer.

To solve the above two issues (and other similar problems caused by alternative mappings for the same tag), I'm planning to add a new feature to MinimServer to alow user-defined tag remapping. For example, if you had a mixture of LABEL tags (in FLAC files) and PUBLISHER tags (mapped from TPUB fields in MP3 files), and you wanted all these tags to be treated as LABEL tags for indexing purposes, you'd be able to add something to indexTags to make MinimServer do that.

This isn't quite the same as the current facility to display a different index name for a tag. The new feature would allow different tags to be merged together for indexing purposes, which isn't possible with index entry renaming.

This sounds like a great feature!
28-04-2013, 14:30 (This post was last modified: 28-04-2013 14:32 by Oroperplex.)
i tried to show "Publisher" tag and "Style" tag in my list so i put both into
index tags.

It`s tagged in my flac files. I do my taggings with mp3tag

Style category is now shown but not the Publisher category
28-04-2013, 15:23
(28-04-2013 14:30)Oroperplex Wrote:  i tried to show "Publisher" tag and "Style" tag in my list so i put both into
index tags.

By default, Mp3tag writes "Publisher" values as "ORGANIZATION" in FLAC files. I have no idea why it does this.

You can change this in Mp3tag by opening the Tools >> Options >> Tags >> Mapping dialog. Alternatively, you can change it in MinimServer by adding "Organization:Publisher" to the aliasTags property.
28-04-2013, 16:29 (This post was last modified: 28-04-2013 16:30 by Oroperplex.)
(28-04-2013 15:23)simoncn Wrote:  
(28-04-2013 14:30)Oroperplex Wrote:  i tried to show "Publisher" tag and "Style" tag in my list so i put both into
index tags.

By default, Mp3tag writes "Publisher" values as "ORGANIZATION" in FLAC files. I have no idea why it does this.

You can change this in Mp3tag by opening the Tools >> Options >> Tags >> Mapping dialog. Alternatively, you can change it in MinimServer by adding "Organization:Publisher" to the aliasTags property.

putting "Organization:Publisher" to the aliasTags works fine .

I will ask the mp3tag guys why did they treat Publisher internaly as Organisation