Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search by file type and/or sound quality
26-12-2016, 17:07
Search by file type and/or sound quality
Is it possible to program MinimServer so that I can search for albums or tracks by file type e.g. AIFF/WAV/FLAC or by sound quality e.g. 16/44.1 or 24/192?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2016, 17:17 (This post was last modified: 26-12-2016 17:17 by DavidHB.)
RE: Search by file type and/or sound quality
I suggest that you review the three sections of the User Guide that begin with the section on Index Tag selection. The first two sections will make sense of the third section, where the special values #AudioFormat and #AudioQuality are explained. By adding one or both of these special tags to your indexTags property, I think that you can achieve what you require.

David
26-12-2016, 18:20
(26-12-2016 17:17)DavidHB Wrote:  I suggest that you review the three sections of the User Guide that begin with the section on Index Tag selection. The first two sections will make sense of the third section, where the special values #AudioFormat and #AudioQuality are explained. By adding one or both of these special tags to your indexTags property, I think that you can achieve what you require.

David
Thank you
26-12-2016, 19:04
(26-12-2016 18:20)charlesbeckerson@yahoo.co.uk Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 17:17)DavidHB Wrote:  I suggest that you review the three sections of the User Guide that begin with the section on Index Tag selection. The first two sections will make sense of the third section, where the special values #AudioFormat and #AudioQuality are explained. By adding one or both of these special tags to your indexTags property, I think that you can achieve what you require.

David
Thank you
This has worked a treat. Sorry, I should have looked it up initially. Best wishes, Melco Man.
27-12-2016, 00:34
(26-12-2016 19:04)charlesbeckerson@yahoo.co.uk Wrote:  This has worked a treat. Sorry, I should have looked it up initially.

Thank Simon. He provided the capability. And no apology needed; I'm glad to be of help.

David
27-12-2016, 23:38
(27-12-2016 00:34)DavidHB Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 19:04)charlesbeckerson@yahoo.co.uk Wrote:  This has worked a treat. Sorry, I should have looked it up initially.

Thank Simon. He provided the capability. And no apology needed; I'm glad to be of help.

David
You're quite right David! Thank you Simon - MinimServer is amazing and has changed my musical listening experiences beyond belief.
28-12-2016, 12:24
(27-12-2016 23:38)Melco Man Wrote:  MinimServer is amazing and has changed my musical listening experiences beyond belief.

Thinking back, I don't think that I would have been prepared to spend the amount of money I have invested in my streaming system (and the time needed to rip and tag the better part of 1,000 CDs) if I had not discovered MinimServer first. The software enabled me to build a demo streaming system on my network which convinced me that I could easily integrate a high quality streamer (in my case a Linn Akurate DSM) into my existing hi-fi. And when the ADSM arrived, all I had to do was connect it into the system and everything was working.

David
30-12-2016, 22:44
Thanks for the kind words! Smile

I would also like to thank all those who have contributed to MinimServer through donating, suggesting improvements, reporting bugs, testing fixes, writing an installer and answering questions on the forum. Without your help, MinimServer would not be what it is today.
31-12-2016, 12:16 (This post was last modified: 31-12-2016 12:16 by nrwatson.)
You are a star
Happy New
Thanks Simon