Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booklets
21-12-2016, 22:17
RE: Booklets
Dear all
I tried to test this feature, but it failed, can you give some advise for newbies (typing what in which field) many thanks Hanu
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2016, 23:52
(21-12-2016 22:17)Hanu Wrote:  Dear all
I tried to test this feature, but it failed, can you give some advise for newbies (typing what in which field) many thanks Hanu

Include "comment" in the itemTags property.
In the Advanced settings pane, include something like the following in the tagFormat property:
Quote:Comment.displayFormat={$*infoFileURI^<a href="^">Digital booklet</a>$comment}
Copy a "booklet.pdf" file inside one of your album directories.

It appears BubbleUPnP on Android is currently the sole control point that features the display of the the booklet link inside the Comment field. To see it, activate the "Show metadata" menu (for ex. to the right of the tracks in the Bubble playlist pane). If you use the tagFormat property shown above, a "Digital booklet" link with show up. Tap on it to download the booklet file to your device and access it using the viewer of you choice.

Hope this helps.
22-12-2016, 00:16
Andre
superb, thanks
I forgott "comment" in the itemTags property.
Hanu
26-12-2016, 10:24 (This post was last modified: 26-12-2016 10:24 by lyapounov.)
FYI I have published on the Lumin facebook page a request for them to a) include the booklet and b) correct the bug of reading what the player publishes. If other people wish to do, it is here : https://www.facebook.com/luminmusic

Thx
29-12-2016, 14:12
Hello there,
Can you confirm that BubbleUPNP is the unique control point which allows to display booklets ?
Is Lumin (which I use) usually "quick" to add such new features ?

Best regards
Alexandre.
31-12-2016, 20:35 (This post was last modified: 31-12-2016 20:56 by magister.)
Simon,

Thank you very, very much for adding the booklets feature. Not being able to access the liner notes is the thing I have missed most with digital music. I hope developers of other control points will get on board with this.

I read the directions at http://minimserver.com/ug-library.html#F...properties but could not get it to work until I saw Mike48's comment about adding Comment to the itemTag field. I suggest including this bit of information in the Format properties section of the user guide.

Thanks again - David

Edit: thanks also to Andre and Simon for clarifying the issue of illegal filename characters. I have many albums with titles like Bach: Brandenburg Concertos so this is important to me.
01-01-2017, 17:01
OK, I spoke too soon. I renamed some booklets, changed the appropriate settings in MinimServer's properties, and restarted the server. Log shows no errors. But when using BubbleUPnP on my Android tablet I cannot see any way to display the booklets (for those albums where I know they exist with correct names).

Where in Bubble is the link supposed to be visible?
01-01-2017, 17:11
(01-01-2017 17:01)magister Wrote:  OK, I spoke too soon. I renamed some booklets, changed the appropriate settings in MinimServer's properties, and restarted the server. Log shows no errors. But when using BubbleUPnP on my Android tablet I cannot see any way to display the booklets (for those albums where I know they exist with correct names).

The link will display inside the Comment (Description) field we you show track metadata.
01-01-2017, 23:13
[/quote]

Klick the cover
02-01-2017, 23:22
Thank you Andre and Hanu.

If I click on the three vertical dots (in a playlist or library) and then on Show Metadata, or on the cover in the Now Playing screen, I see a field 'Desc.' I believe this what Andre referred to in post #18. For a long time I have been in the habit of putting in the Comment field of my FLAC files a note about where I got the file from (ripped from CD, downloaded from HDtracks, etc.). I see this info in Desc.

Will the link to a booklet not show if there is any text previously entered in the Comment field? I guess this is what's happening. If so, Simon, you might mention this in the user guide.